Man, maybe you're cursed. I am reading your list and I encountered a total of 0 of the issues you're complaining about.
Naw, OP isn't cursed. I can back up a number of those claims.
- Teammates looooved walking in front of me while I was firing (and I wasn't standing in the middle of the passage blocking their path to cover). And IM the bad guy for that? Pfft. Stupid NPCs! Go sit back down behind cover and continue being useless!
- Dialog options ranged from clear and obvious to muddled and the exact opposite of what I wanted to answer. For example, someone would say "Don't you want to do this?" and the choices were "Fuck!", "No", and "Yeah" I'm not even sure why the firs exists, while I'd think saying "yeah" means "yeah, I want to do this" but it turns out it meant "Yeah, I don't want to do this". Very confusing dialog choices at times.
- "Hey are you okay? Want me to help?" *chooses yes, expecting a revive* ... *watches as NPC just keeps firing away and never makes any attempt to come and revive me* Fek it, I'll rez myself. Again.
- Obvious story is obvious. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing though. While I didn't personally care for the story much, I didn't hold it against the game. It never felt super serious. If anything, it felt like a crazy Japanese homage to 80s action movies, trying to cram in as many tropes and cliches from them as it could, especially in the third act.
- Upgrading teammates definitely felt completely worthless. Also I couldn't help but wish I could upgrade more than just my assault riffle :(
- Lots of fun "Yay just revived, oh wait, I'm dead again before I even got to do anything. Great" moments. Reminded me of The Last Story, only at least Binary Domain never had any frame rate issues, so point for Binary Domain!
- Boss fights definitely could be long in the tooth. Like that chase in the van one with the weird motorcycle transformer thing? Went on for like 8 minutes; and the boss never hit me once. Super boring. "Oh look, it's moving to the other side of the van. Again. Wake me up when this is over, guys." On the bright side, I thought the character design for all of the bosses was great. Very Bayonetta-esque in a way, I thought.
- Definitely plenty of redundancy and padding in some of the levels, but I found they broke it up with other things enough to keep my interest throughout the game.
As for the aimlessness, bad graphics, and UI issues. Can't say I had any of those problems. Game looked pretty, was super linear and corridored, and the menus were clean and simple *shrugs*