Raven_Sword's forum posts
someone on the PC gamer magazine forum recommended this to me:
MSI 890GX motherboard
Athlon II X2 245
Seasonic 500 watt power supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB hard drive
Lite-On DVD drive
Corsair 4 GB DDR3
Windows 7 64 bit
Also, I think it would be good to put my current (Family) PC im using into perspective of the one you recommended. right now Im using a Core Duo CPU, 2gbs of Ram. Not terrible right? well, im also using a Radeon HD 3450 GPU. So yeah, I can run WoW fine, but thats about it. Im just trying to get a PC thats way better then the one I have now.
Wow, junkies still going? I remember that podcast like 4 years ago.
Anyway, talkradar, weekend confirmed, Podcast Beyond, and the Adam Carolla podcast. Just so you know, only three of those are gaming. Il leave it up to you to find which ones.
Honestly, it sounds like she wants to be with the other guy more then you. I know that might sound bad, but think about it, if she wanted to be with you more then the guy being away, more then likely she wouldnt persue said person and might go after you.
But hey, what do I know, I never had a girlfriend.
wow, Honestly I know nothing about this kind of stuff. thats why I was relying on my friend, who I assumed knew what he was doing. Honestly, right now I dont even have the money, this is for future stuff. My budget is in between like 400 and 500. Because, assuming I dont have a grip of money down the line, this is all that I can stomach for a computer that I only want to use for WOW, SC2, Diablo 3, Old Republic, Morrowind with Texture mods that make it look as good as oblivion, and old games I didnt get to paly or would be better on PC, like L4D 2, Halflife 2, KOTOR, Coutnerstrike, and you know old stuff like that that will more then liekly not require much. This is literaly all I will be using the computer for for the forceable future. Im more then likely going to play most games on console still anyways, except for ones liek Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age and games like that that you NEED to play on PC.
Also, I assume these parts will still be around for atleast a while longer? Lets just say, itll be shorter then 2 or 3 years, but maybe more then 3-4 months before I can probaly afford to get it. It all depends if I get a job or not.
I do have a few more questions about the build you recommended:
1. ok, im trying to word this so i cant come across as offending. this is text, so its hard. But I have to since I dont know you. Naturaly, I dont know jack shit about this kinda stuff. thats why im relying on a person like you to help me pick the best for my budget, and not try to screw me. So I must ask if you really know what you are doing with this kinda stuff? Is the stuff you recommended good or even great for the budget? and will it run the stuff I listed above atleast well? Again, pardon my asking, I really dont know anything about this stuff, and I would like assurance before I drop this kind fo cash.
2. What about a OS? Am I stuck with Windows 7? can I find one for cheaper? Because if what you posted dosent include a OS, then im looking at like another 200 dollars arent I?
3. This question ill send you as a PM.
4. Will this computer be able to run stuff coming out in the years atleast good? Like I said before, more then likely I will play games like COD and Mass Effect on my 360 and whatnot, so im mainly looking at games that are ideal on PC or are Exclusvie to it. Atleast for the time being.
5. My uncle can probaly put all this togther, so im not really worried about non precontucted towers. But is switich out GPU and what not in the future rather easy? Because, if I can do it myself, thats more Ideal.
Ok, so Im in the market for a PC right now that can run games and new games and upcoming games at good looking acceptable levels. Mainly, I just wanna play SC 2 and WoW, but I also wanna play Diablo 3 and Star Wars Old Republic in the future. Plus more new games that may require more graphical power then these will.
Now, on the site they have a refurbished computer for $369.97. Here are the parts:
|Operating Systems:||Windows 7|
|GPU/VPU:||NVIDIA GeForce G210|
Now, the main thing keeping me off of this is that its a refurb, but they say quality refurb.
Now, me and a friend then went on the site and put together a computer from me from scratch. All in all it will cost me 513.90 for this build. Heres the build (if you need more specifics like motherboard and cooling fans, ill add it. Im just posting the min things like GPU, CPU and etc.)
Western Digital WD5001AALS Caviar Black Hard Drive - 500GB, 7200 rpm, 32MB, SATA-3G http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4914330&sku=TSD-500AALS
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 Processor BX80571E6500 - 2.93GHz, 2MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Wolfdale, Dual Core, Retail, Socket 775 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5235311&sku=I69-6500
Visiontek 900195 Radeon HD 2400 Pro Video Card - 256MB DDR2, PCI, DMS-59, DVI (via adapter), VGA (via adapter) Low Profile http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4826572&sku=V261-2641
RAM: Kingston KVR800D2/2GR 2GB DDR 2 800MHZ http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5483263&sku=K24-7080
Sabrent SBT-SP6C 6-Channel 5.1 Surround Sound 3D PCI Sound Card - Vista Ready
The rest is just cooling fans and motherboards and computer case.
Anyway, like I said, all that would run me 513 dollars, but this dosent even include a OS or anything like that, which if I got Windows 7, would run me a extra 200 bucks or so. I wish I could get XP, but I dont think they sell that anymore. And itll probaly be the same price wouldnt it? Also, none of these include monitor or keyboard and mouse. also. The refurb has speakers.
Which do you think is the better buy? Is there maybe alterantives to what I posted for my custom build that could make it cheaper and be just as good or better? Or what build would you recommend for the budgeted New PC gamer?