By SgtReznor 6 Comments
I'll probably try and keep this as an ongoing blog entry, adding stuff as I think of it, but I thought I'd make a list of things I thought would've been included or improved, or maybe they have been included, but just haven't been as successful as I'd thought. Let me just say though, I love the new dashboard, I think it's generally fantastic. Everything's just nicer to look at , for everything you need to do, there's at least 2 ways to find it, which I like
So anyway, in no particular order...
- I love that they have previews for games, so why aren't there still previews for things like themes and user-icons? You're so quick to tell us that there's no refund, so how about giving a little bit and at least showing us what we can't get a refund for. I shouldn't have to go to gaming forums and blogs to see a screenshot.
- Still a complete lack of any variation on Netflix or tv downloads for us Aussies. Sure, in terms of internet infrastructure, we might as well be using two tins and a long piece of string compared to the US, but come on, give us SOMETHING.
- The avatars, while nifty, ultimately suck. Even the Mii creator on the Wii is still better than this. There's just not enough options that allow me to create something either realistic, or totally ridiculous. Of all the people on my friends list (roughly 50 or so, I think?), there's one person that I've seen and thought "oh yeah, you've nailed it".
- You need to drop the prices of HDDs. Seriously, everyone knows how cheap they are to make - you are telling me that the cost is the plastic case it comes in? Seriously dude, don't tell us about how we can install games onto the HDD at the cost of about 6ish Gig of our HDD, offer "Premium themes" at about 5-10mb a pop, then not at least make the price of the HDD within the realms of reasonable cost.
- Still no "inside xbox" feature for us Aussies? Seriously, my fiance has a Canadian account (not that she's Canadian, she just lived there for a while) and I see some of the cool stuff when she's logged in. It's frustrating to say the least.
- I want to be able to do a "force refresh" on the list of video/music/photo files that I've networked to my PC. When I download the latest episode of whatever into my "My Videos" folder on my PC, it should show up instantly on the file list as it stands on the xbox, or at best, refresh the list.
- While we're on it, I wish that it had better video codec support. There's still some avi files that I can't watch on the 360. Just support the damn codec. Please don't force me to have to re-compress the video file. That's far too frustrating.
- Oh, speaking of themes: 250 points for a theme now? Are you fucking kidding me?
... yeah, that's about all I can think of right now. Any that I've missed?