By sirkibble23 0 Comments
- The mission I started trying to escape from was a bust. It was glitched. My objective was to escape from the camp so I decided to run and use my hook and run to get around the guards in my way. As I ran around the city, more guards would chase me and I would lose those but all the way back at the camp, there were red arrows still pinned on me preventing me from "escaping the camp." I kept running around the city dodging guards and I would end up by myself no one chasing me but those four red arrows remained all the way back at the camp. I decided to go to the other side of the water and the arrows still stayed fixed on me! They had infinite vision. It was the biggest glitch I ever came across in a AC game. I had to restart the mission and instead I decided to fight the Jannisaries and after a few tries of a combination of fighting and running, I finally escaped but only after beating down a few Janniesaries and other guards so it became more "kill the guards to escape" otherwise, there would be an infinite lock on you. Very obnoxious.
- Another mission started with the screen completely black. The only thing I could see was the radar and the red arrows of the guards while I'm hearing guards attack me. I had to restart the mission.
- Combat is a lot tougher as I found out. While it become moderately more difficult in Brotherhood, the chaining kills made it easy again but the chaining kills in Revelations is tougher because the Jannisaries can shoot you and cut you down. They can block kicks, block throws, etc. If you're not careful and on your toes then it's possible to lose a lot of health very quickly. There were times I found myself down to 3 bars left out of 20 in a matter of a few hits.
- While the game is called Revelations, there are still questions that need to be answered but that's more for Desmond's story. Ezio's and Altair's stories were revealed but Desmond's still remains to be elusive. The story behind Lucy's death still remains unanswered and how the team feels about Desmond remains in limbo.
- Constantinople isn't very fun to navigate. The narrow city streets and the lack of grand landscape create a stifled city to navigate and uninteresting. The city itself is beautifully rendered but it doesn't feel grand like Rome or Italy or even the Holy Land.
- Final Thoughts: The game was a little disappointing in terms of gameplay and the city wasn't as interesting or fun to navigate and the game feels like it was done in a year despite the "bigness" of it all. Despite this though, the graphics are great, the animations are still smooth, the cutscenes and voice-acting are very solid, the story is still engaging although slow and the combat is a lot more challenging.