We'll add the button back. I've seen a couple requests for this. Uptime first though!
snide's forum posts
We'll continue to tweak the scoring after we get passed our overall stability problems.
Points in general though are a bit of a bunk science. It's very hard to figure out automated ways to calculate the worth of an edit.
This is accurate. And yes, we do use compass.
It's the secret platform only people in the industry about. You haven't heard of it yet.
Or, it's a bug. Noted. Thanks.
We'll get these moved into their own area. Not a priority atm though, dealign with stability first.
Hey guys. Thanks for your patience through the site relaunch. We're updating bugs throughout the week. Here's a general list of priorities we have at the moment.
Getting the site stable.Update: We're getting there, though we've disabled some features for now. Fixing the RSS issues with the bombcast. This will fix the iTunes issues as well.Update: This is fixed
- RSS truncating it's text to snippets, rather than full stories. This is not intentional.
RSS publishing some articles before they're live to the site.Update: This is fixed, but not yet deployed. Getting the API up and running, this will also fix any problems you're having with your Roku / Boxee device.Update: We're back up, Roku should now work. Boxee still has some issues we're working on.
- Addressing the email issues. These are temporarily shut off right now, but due to a bug people were getting emails that they weren't supposed to get. Update: We've addressed the main bugs with this, and emails for forgot password and billing will now work. We've disabled notification emails though for the moment. We'll get this back up soon.
Fixing an issue where a very small minority of people who had cancelled their membership were set back to recurring. I'm on it, it's not acceptable and wasn't on purpose.Update: I think we got most of these. If you still have an issue, simply re-cancel your account.
- Getting it so you can't view the site on auth.giantbomb.com, and only manage your billing login there.
- Dealing with individual edge cases (a few hundred) where users can no longer log in. Some of this has to be dealt with manually. Send us an email on the one that pops up when you run into this issue. Update: We're going through the support queue. Theres a few hundred, please be patient.
- Various search ordering issues and the autocompleter disappearing when it shouldn't.
Search is not updating when you add new pages or change the name of a page.This should be working now.
- Friends' activity not displaying.
The new releases module and all top news / video sidebars not working.This is back.
- The front door twitter module not updating.
The premium RSS feeds are not working so hot with iTunes. This works again, you may need to add the new RSS urls though.
- Scaling issues with our live chat streams.
Forums messed up in mobile.Update: This is fixed, and will be live soon. Dealing with some banning issues.These should be fixed. Localizing the upcoming box on the frontdoor.Update: This is fixed. Dealing first with wiki bugs that can cause data degradation (aka deletion) of objects, then moving on to display, point and can't edit X bugs.
What we're not working on... right now.
- Adding forums to the front door. Can't have custom queries per user while we have stability issues.
- Achievements and quests. As discussed several times over many months, we had to remove these. They may return in the next few months.
I assume with the new video host this'll apply to downloading videos and not just streaming them? I need to update my Quick Look archive to 3500 from 1500 and would be nice to get good speeds while doing that.
That would be a correct assumption.