By Sweep 0 Comments
I'm sorry.What was once a daily feature in my life has now been pushed further still down my list of priorities. I am currently knee-deep in animation projects which involve me drawing up a ton of storyboards, rigging my character for the millionth time once I discover yet ANOTHER problem with the mesh, trying to write pretentious shit for an art theory essay and generally trying not to drown in an endless sea of Maths for Computer Graphics. Also I have a girlfriend whose company I rather enjoy. In the few snippets of free time I actually manage to obtain for myself I have been mercilessly playing Street Fighter 4 and messing about with Lost & Damned multiplayer modes. For some people, there is no excuse. For me, there are many. Take your pick.
Anyways, this is my first episode of Keeping It Simple in 2009 - Technically number #11 for those that are keeping score. It's a bit of a paradox to Keep Things Simple when I haven't been doing anything particularly complicated, but it means I can condense all the millions of things which I urgently want to talk about into bitesized chunks. Devour them at your own risk...
Right then chaps. Lets keep it simple, shall we?
- Street Fighter 4 - Possibly the only game where I look forward to having my ass whipped by people who are better than me. Unfortunately, those are rare events ;) I'm loving Blanka at the moment, used him to unlock Akuma and Gouken. I'm flirting with the idea of Gouken but it's a real effort - whereas Blanka just seems to work naturally at my fingertips. That's the magic of Street Fighter I guess, you can't try to fight it. I can't be bothered to unlock Seth - mostly from laziness but also because he's a cheap-ass bitch. No self-respecting street fighter simply chooses the strongest character. That's... too easy? Thanks to TokyoChicken, EasyBoss, Oni, Coonce and MeltBrain for proving worthy adversaries.
- Left 4 Dead - The 360 version got updated last week and pretty much all of the stuff which bugged me has been resolved. Tanks are now stronger, and gain the fear and respect they deserve in VS matches. Infected can no longer block choke points by pushing objects around, hordes can no longer be avoided by meleeing down doors. Characters can no longer clip through the floor of the elevator if they are hit by, for example, a gas canister. People can now return to staving off the zombie apocalypse the old fashioned way. With teamwork and raw firepower. That deserves a big ole' YES.
- The Ending Of Braid - MattBodega recently exposed the fact that I completed Braid yet completely missed the point of the ending, failing to trigger the crucial twist, and generally being a total moronic cunt. I still think Braid is one of the best games of the year for its gameplay alone - my twisty epiphany simply makes me realise how much MORE awesome Braid is.
- Breakfast In Bed - My girlfriend is amazing.
- Computer Animation - Last Friday I went on a trip with my university to tour round some 3D animation studio's in London. We went round a bunch of the biggest animation studio's in Europe and we got to see some awesome stuff for films that are still in production. Yes, I have seen work-in-progress from the Prince Of Persia film. Yes, it looks awesome. Yes, I'm under NDA and I can't talk about it. Sorry guys =D
- Wiki Edits - I finally got round to writing a bunch of Wiki pages out and have consequently hit 1000 points. Which is nice, because now I can make live edits, apparently. I got the urge to spread some knowledge and have consequently pimped the Marcus Fenix and Sonic The Hedgehog pages. The Marcus Fenix page I am especially proud of as it contains a lot of details about Marcus from the GOW novel Aspho Fields. It makes the wikipedia page look like a cum-stain by comparison.
- Maths - Some numbers should just be left the fuck alone.
- BattlePoints - Seriously? What the fuck is up with that? Another ridiculous internet number to obsess over? Does anyone CARE about SF4 battle points right now? The real fun is to be had in player matches anyway...
- Deadbeats - The characters in Lost & Damned are really starting to piss me off. Repetitive, cliché, dull. I hate how every car I climb into is automatically playing Liberty Rock Radio. I don't like the way I'm patronised into driving over a gang logo to stay in formation. Johnny is not the new impressionable and honest Niko Bellic, fresh off the boat. He's just an asshole. This expansion was saved by its solid missions and expanded multiplayer modes. The storyline so far just doesn't grab me in the way Niko's did.
- Sweepcasts - I have been trying for a while now to sort out some kind of podcast. Its more trouble than it's worth, and I don't really have the time to commit to anything that could pass for entertaining. Thanks to MattBodega for the enthusiasm but I think i'm going to stick to blogging. For now...
- Benjamin Button - Saw this film. Was reminded heavily of Forest Gump except not nearly as honest or entertaining. After the novelty of Brad Pitt ageing backwards had worn off I was left with a fairly average romance movie. Towards the end Pitt seizes every opportunity to mince around without his shirt on, the smug prick. It had it's moments, I can see why people would like it, and I suppose for it's genre it qualifies as a success - perhaps just not my cup of tea?
Right. It's 1am. I'm going to sleep so that I can be awake tomorrow and do more stuff which I can then stress about not being able to write down. It doesnt have to make sense.
Goodnight everyone, Thanks For Reading