both sets are awesome and i like the mirror idea Rory you should for sure put that in the story at some point.
Terranova's forum posts
PS3 had a day one patch to enable some stuff also so it's nothing new and 300Mb is nothing really, I'm sure the launch day retail games would have the update on the disc so it's not like anyone would miss the update and if it's going too slow via PSn get it from the disc.
The only thing I'm concerned about is the quality of localization for games like Persona, if they even will continue to release them in the west. I don't want them to Yakuza-fy it by just giving us the original Japanese with English subtitles, i.e. minimal localisation effort, while also removing the "too Japanese" parts of the game.
The Yakuza games have the Japanese track with english subtitles because that's how the fans in the west wanted them to be it's nothing to do with being a minimal translation effort, the first Yakuza game had a english dub and it was shit fans hated it so they went with Japanese and english subs for the second game and fans loved it so it's been that way for all other games since.
I would hope that this doesn't somehow manifest itself in a similar issue for PSN downloads vs. disc purchases.
It wouldn't be a issue, the PSN version is just one big install on the drive in one location that it's running from, the Issue with the 360 if you install both discs is two installs with two locations on the drive trying to run at the same time causing a delay and the bad pop-in.
I assume this streaming issue isn't a problem on the PS3? Does the game even require an 8gb install on the PS3? I hope not, but my hopes for it aren't strong.
it's not a streaming problem for the PS3 because once installed everything else comes of the disk, and yes there is a 8GB install for the PS3 version.
I've been tempted to get into the games since people keep talking about how Escape from Butcher Bay has some of the best hand to hand combat. Didn't they remake it and released it with Assault on Dark Athena? If so, which one should I get?
Personally I would Get dark Athena Two games for the price of one, and yes Butcher bay was updated for the dark Athena Release so your getting a better version of that game
@mattyftm: Many of the big named youtubers like Pewdiepie, Boogie2988 etc have side projects and contacts outside of Youtube they would have no problems doing something else should the Youtube thing end, but judging by the number of subs these have i doubt that would change any time soon not unless Youtube itself were to end.
1. could be a number of factors although i would guess in this case tires being the biggest one, to make it more exciting during races tires were devolved in such a way that they wear out quickly making tire management key during races now, some cars handle it better than others on certain tracks Lewis and the commentators probably felt the car wouldn't handle the tires that well during that race on that track.
2. there are three rounds of qualifying, the first round the fastest 15 go to the next round, in the second round the fastest 10 go to the final round, in the final round they go for pole position and the other 9 places, Webber qualified for the final round but had a issue preventing him from setting a time so the best he could get would be 10th place.
3. I guess it's the same with any Sport the teams with the most cash and resources will have the best, driver skill is still a factor but to be honest if they don't have a great car they wont get very far, as for how different can a car be there are very strict rules all teams must follow each part must be a certain length and weight, the overall car must weigh the same as any of the others, engines must be the same size and power, fuel tanks must be the same size, and you can't have something on a car that another team doesn't have, of course teams can and do spend millions on developing the parts to be as aerodynamic as possible and to make the parts and electronics work more effectively than the other teams.
4. you can make one defensive move for example if someone is trying to over take on the left and your on the right you can move over to block them, but if they then quickly move to the right to over take you cant move back over to the right again to block you have to let them through and then try and overtake yourself.
5. there are DRS zones on the track you can only use it in these zones, they are usually on a straight or where it's easy to over take, as long as your 1 second or less behind the other car in these zones you can use DRS to try and overtake, there are sensors coming up to these zones and a light on the drivers steering wheel will notify them when they are able to use it.
6. Rules are now they must use both sets of tires during a race, one medium set one soft set. F1 management felt it would make races more exciting , during qualifying the teams pick what tires they want to start the race with, then during the race they must switch to the other at some point, the only time this rule can be waved is if it Rains and they have to switch to wet weather tires.
7. I'm not sure about that one myself.
8. if you cut a corner and it gives you an advantage over a driver that is directly in front of you ie you were able to over take them by cutting said corner you must let the driver you over took back in front, if you don't then you will have to take a penalty, your also penalized if you repeatedly cut a corner, if you just cut it because you were going to fast and needed to prevent a crash then that is fine.
9. every team has phrases and codes that mean something to them and the drivers it could be to change a setting on the car or a tactic to use, only they know what that really means.
10. points are given to the top 10 drivers, 1st : 25 points 2nd : 18 points 3rd : 15 points 4th : 12 points 5th : 10 points 6th : 8 points 7th : 6 points 8th : 4 points 9th : 2 points 10th : 1 point. the only time the points can change is if someone finished than was disqualified or for some reason the race wasn't able to be fully completed.