Good luck with your first playthrough.
- Switch between your crew members often (favoring the 'talented' people) because someone will most likely die and you can continue the game as another character.
- Ammo is pretty scarce in the beginning (and guns without silencers are bad for stealth) so keep a couple melee weapons handy in your inventory. Storing the weapons in your stash will repair them (it might require tools).
- If you empty a house of all the resources it is cleared and no resources will respawn there. However some other resource might show up there if you leave resources behind.
- I think your camp still uses resources following real life time so you might need to check on them daily.
- There is a finite amount of tool resources so save some for a second base with more build slots rather than spending it on upgrading your first base.
- Don't stray to far from vehicles and keep an eye on your minimap for 'special' zombies.