@sergio: Yeah, that's pretty much how I came out of it. Still kind of unsure about it, but I'll probably at least watch another episode.
Vigorousjammer's forum posts
Anybody else watch the first episode of Shounen Hollywood, or am I the only one?
I think the characters seem somewhat interesting so far, I'm not so sure about this idol stuff, but it's giving me some BECK vibes, which is kind of a good thing.
@negativecero: Myanimelist is probably the most definitive for recommendations at the moment but Hummingbird.me is way better for cataloging what you want to watch and updating your watched list. The site also looks way better then Mal and has great forums. Also is Anime Vice deader then usual these days?
Hummingbird has an awesome UI, which makes it super easy to use. I'm also a big fan of their season browser. However, I'm not a fan of how it doesn't list "started" and "completed" dates like MAL does.
Is there a definitive site for cataloguing and searching for recommendations and/or reviews of anime (like AnimeVice but not dead)?
MyAnimeList.com is basically the definitive site for cataloguing what you have watched, what you're currently watching, and seeing reviews & recommendations by other users. There's also a bunch of other recommendation sites that all use MAL's API (such as MALgraph, Animeadvice.me, anime-recommendations.com, Animerecs.com, and many more) so it's pretty good to have an account there because it can plug into a lot of other anime sites.
If you're looking for more detailed info, anidb.com is pretty great for seeing all sorts of information, but I also felt like the UI for the site is pretty difficult to get used to.
Tokyo_Ghoul 1 ~ okay 1ep, looks cool too
Yeah, I was pretty impressed by it, too.
I'm not sure I like any of the characters yet, but the story setup and the setting both seem pretty cool.
Also, I'm liking the artstyle & animation, which is somewhat surprising coming from Studio Pierrot.
Bust-a-Move Bash on the Wii.
I got it, sight unseen, without reading any reviews or anything, and was excited to have some great, crazy, 8-player multiplayer Puzzle Bobble action, reminiscent of something like Saturn Bomberman... however, instead of each player getting their own section and competing against each other (you know, like ANY other multiplayer puzzle game), it was just one giant Puzzle Bobble screen with 8 dragons/players at the bottom of it, all shooting bubbles upwards, picking up tons of powerups and just causing mass chaos all over the screen. The game didn't even require any skill... we could all just flail and mash the A-button, and totally win, thus making the whole thing pointless and boring.
Definitely up there as one of the worst games I've ever bought.
Hmmm... let me check. So, since July 3 of last year... it looks like I've beaten... 45 games in total.
If we're talking JUST 2014, then it'd be 27.
That's including games they charge money for or are downloaded, as well as short, browser-based games.
Let me first list the retail games (date listed is the date I finished it):
- 2013-07-09 - Battleblock Theater [XBLA]
- 2013-07-25 - Tomb Raider (2013) [PC]
- 2013-08-17 - Jet Set Radio HD [PC]
- 2013-08-24 - Rogue Legacy [PC]
- 2013-09-12 - Thomas Was Alone [PC]
- 2013-09-13 - Noitu Love 2: Devolution [PC]
- 2013-09-25 - Retro City Rampage [PC]
- 2013-10-05 - Anodyne [PC]
- 2013-10-08 - Picross 3D [Nintendo DS]
- 2013-10-14 - Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale [PC]
- 2013-12-12 - Katamari Damacy [PS2]
- 2013-12-12 - Fish Face [PC]
- 2013-12-21 - The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 [PC]
- 2013-12-28 - Gone Home [PC]
- 2013-12-31 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]
- 2014-01-26 - Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior [PC]
- 2014-02-05 - The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 [PC]
- 2014-02-09 - Jazzpunk [PC]
- 2014-04-09 - The Wolf Among Us: Episode 3 [PC]
- 2014-05-04 - Streetpass Mii Plaza: Mii Force [3DS]
- 2014-05-19 - The Plan [PC]
- 2014-05-24 - Streetpass Mii Plaza: Monster Manor [3DS]
- 2014-05-26 - Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: Bat & Switch - Hitting [3DS]
- 2014-05-30 - The Wolf Among Us: Episode 4 [PC]
- 2014-06-14 - The Walking Dead: 400 Days [PC]
Rusty's Baseball, the Streetpass games, The Wolf Among Us, and The Walking Dead could all be considered DLC... so with that in mind, let's say it's 17 full games, and 8 DLC packs. However, Fish Face, as well as The Plan are kind of short, so I'm not sure if they'd count, either. I'm also wondering if Viscera Cleanup Detail would count (I did clean up the whole place and got a passing rating).
Let's just call it 14-17 games, and 8 DLC packs.
15 games finished in 2013 (12-13 games & 1 DLC)
10 games finished in 2014 (1-3 games & 7 DLC)
So, that's a total of 25...
Now, as for browser games, I've beaten a bunch, since they're usually pretty short, and I tend to check out game jams. Here's a list of them:
- 2013-11-23 - Google: Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary
- 2013-11-30 - Bubsy 3D: Bubsy Visits the James Turrell Retrospective
- 2013-12-02 - Rick and Morty's Rushed Licensed Adventure: Chapter 1
- 2014-01-04 - 7 Seconds FPS
- 2014-01-04 - Svetovid
- 2014-01-04 - Cardboard Drive
- 2014-01-04 - Facility Escape
- 2014-01-04 - First Person Seppuku
- 2014-01-04 - Saloon Shootout Simulator
- 2014-01-04 - Quantum Annihilation
- 2014-01-04 - Infinity Castle
- 2014-01-04 - Icarus Proudbottom Teaches Typing
- 2014-02-07 - Pale Machine
- 2014-02-07 - Be Okay
- 2014-02-07 - My Time
- 2014-03-07 - Icarus Proudbottom's World of Typing - S1E1: Pilot
- 2014-03-07 - Rick and Morty's Rushed Licensed Adventure: Chapter 2
- 2014-03-07 - Rick and Morty's Rushed Licensed Adventure: Chapter 3
- 2014-04-01 - Shybot
- 2014-04-01 - Epic Boss Fighter
3 browser games completed in 2013
17 browser games completed in 2014
So, that's a total of 20... although I'm not sure if any of these really count.
I'll let you decide! :D