i don't know if you guys heard this, but from the bleachers was the best podcast related to games ever. even better than the bombcast. Also, Shanker Srinivasam, the annoying trash-talking Indian (I'm not racist, happen to be Indian myself), was also laid off. That is two of the three of FtB. FUCK CNET!
Walreese55's forum posts
WTF are you huffing? ok let's take a look at your points:
1. no arguement
2. Yeah, well even if tit was top-of-the-line in the 40s, IT'S STILL CRAP! That's why you don't go to the motherfucking WW2!
3. tanks are not hard to take down at all. you don't need any help, just get a class with satchel charges and blow up the fucking tank. it's easy as hell.
4. dogs are easy as hell to take down. have you been playing the same beta? just stab it. it 's much easier than the dogs in COD4.
5. It does not play like CoD4 at all. AT ALL. Sure the perks are similar, but the rest of the gameplay is just bad. At some places, they sort of stole gameplay elements from CoD4, but didn't go the whole 9 yards.
6. Of course it looks like COD4, the developers are too cheap and/or too lazy to build a new engine and just used the CoD4 engine. However, the maps they created are horrendous. There's just too much space and not enough buildings. It just feels really empty and doesn't grab you like CoD4. and the better colors do less for WAW than the colors for MW. the dark, photorealistic colors made Cod4 seem so much more realistic. WAW is just a big history lesson about what happened before. We can relate more to what we are living with today than what our ancestors live with.
To summarize, you are a dipshit if you actually believe WAW is a good game. The crap weapons and really bad maps just sink the game. And making a flamethrower as a perk just screws up the balance, having another weapon as a perk just ruins the whole system.
ok, the problem with this is that even if you need more than 5 different slots, changing classes is not that hard. you can do it within the 30 seconds that are allotted. personally, 5 slots are more than enough. you have an assault rifle class, a sniper class, maybe an smg class, a class for silenced weapons, and pick and choose for the last one. If you have a p90, just mix together the smg and silenced class. 10 custom classes are just unnecessary.
it was a good idea in CoD4, when it was a real pain-in-the-ass in the single player. An attack heli wouldn't make much sense in WW2, so they, treyarch, stole the next best thing. the problem is, in the single player of COD4, the dogs came out of nowhere and were fucking hard as anything to shoot. in WAW, you can hear the dogs a mile away, and it's not that hard to kill. And getting xp from it is more like a reward than anything. the heli was cheap at sometimes, but it was a good reward for getting seven kills. The airstrike, going on a tangent here, is more annoying than the previous game. there are more bombs, yet they are limited in range and damage. It's annoying having the screeen freeze up when a bomb goes off near you. time after time.
The beta sucks. I mean, i hate the weapons. The maps are pretty bad, but the weapons! good god, this is the sequel to CoD4? THIS? the perks system is pretty much the same aka stolen, so that's not bad. the additional classes per prestige is a good idea, but really isn't necessary. you can change your classes in 30 seconds, 10 classes is just overkill. but the killing stroke is juggernaut and martyrdom. wtf. WHAT. THE. FUCK. screw treyarch, ww2 has always and will always be stale, no matter how much you try to make it Cod4. I look forward to CoD5, or Cod6, or whatever the fuck is infinity ward's new game.
"Well, after playing the COD 5 beta i can tell you that if you want a COD 4 map pack with re-skinned guns with more recoil and shorter clips, then get COD 5, because thats exactly what it is. Since you hate WWII why not buy a different FPS like Far Cry 2, its not like the only two games available are fallout and call of duty."here's the problem. i just shelled out $60 for far cry 2. hint: trying to dump on my friend for $40