I have been on a quest for good 3-5 player games for the past year or so too. :-) Here's my list of games that my group of friends enjoy in ranked order.
Name, # of Players, Type, Complexity
- Dominion, 2-4 (5-6+expansion), Deck Builder, Medium
- Puerto Rico, 2-5, Economy, High
- Sentinels of the Multiverse, 1-5, COOP, Simple
- Small World, 2-5, Strategy, Medium-High
- Mice and Mystics, 1-4, COOP/Story, Medium-High
- Ticket to Ride, 2-5, Route Builder, Medium-Low
- Munchin Quest, 2-4, Dungeon Crawler, Medium-High
- Agricola, 1-5, Economy, Very High
- King of Tokyo, 2-6, Push Your Luck, Very Simple
- Power Grid, 2-6, Economy?, Very, Very High
I am receiving Merchant of Venus for Christmas. I haven't played it yet, but it looks awesome! I would check out The Dice Tower for reviews. Tom Vasel really knows his stuff!