By Will 0 Comments
Game related updates:
Well the CoD: WaW BETA has finished today, really enjoyed the game and will be picking it up on friday when it releases here in New Zealand, not to sure what edition ill get might have to be the regular since the collectors is quite expensive. Also looking to buy Dead Space & the new Banjo Kazooie game WHEN I GET THE $$$!!! lol
A game I want to go back to and play would be PGR4, I actually had quite abit of fun playing it so might play some more in the future after ive finished up with Gears 2 and CoD5.
I purchased Gears Of War 2 last friday (New Zealand being the first country) and I played through the campaign with a friend and thought it was pretty good. There some awesome battles and the graphics are amazing. Right now I have 40 out of 50 achievements for the game and still have to finish it on Insane difficulty, might do that co-op aswell since its pretty dam hard!!!
While I was playing co-op with my friend I randomly got signed off XBL to receive the new Xbox Experience update which is pretty cool ill give a run down of what IMO I think are the pros & cons:
- The overall speed of pulling up the guide etc during games is increased ALOT which is the main thing I wanted since when I use to do it on the old dash it would ether take a very long time to load or just freeze all together, so im glad thats fixed.
- The overall look of everything is very nice and sleek, reminds me of Windows Media Center.
- The avatars (even tho Nintendos the orignal creator) are pretty cool, theres quite a few things that you can do to customize your avatar (lol check out mine on the main page of my profile). They have updated the dash twice since I have receieved it which just added avatar clothes/items etc.
- The Xbox Live party chat is pretty awesome, up to 5 people (i think) can chat no matter what all of you are doing on Xbox Live wheter it be gaming in the same game to all of you playing different ones, watching videos/movies or just chilling in the dash to talk to people. If you are in a multiplayer game and want to talk in the game and none of the party is in your game you can just pull up the guide and go to party chat and press Y to switch channels from "Party channel" to "game channel" then your set to talk in the game your playing, then after just do the same thing then your backl into party chat.
Now for some cons:
- Whenever you start up a game, a notification pops up and says "friends playing **insert game tittle here**" well when I first saw this I thought to myself that it would take me to a list with only the people that are playing the game im playing but thats not the case.. it just pulls up your friends list o_O IMO thats just a stupid inclusion.
- Netflix isnt included in the NZ portion of the update which is just str8 up shit. I logged into my US account and downloaded the app tho which didnt do anything for my main NZ account so you americans better enjoy it!! Even though the countrys (NZ) internet is utter shit still would be nice to have the opition.
Well apart from those cons im liking the new dash update, it takes awhile to get use to everything but overall its a great improvement and am glad they decided to do this. Im positive that no one will be disappointed with it come November 19th?
Anyways thats easily the bigest update ive wrote on here, so whoever reads it give me a quick update on whats going on with your gaming. Im off to go watch a HD broadcast of Resident Evil: Extinction then some late night Nickelodeon!!
Peace, Will :)