Yet another list. This one is to keep track of how quickly I'm amassing games versus how quickly I play them.

List items

  • Date: 01/12/12

    From: Humble Bundle

    Price: $15 (Pay what you want

    Why?: Seemed like an awesome bundle, even if I owned most of the games already.

  • Date: 01/12/12

    From: Humble Bundle

    Price: $15 (Pay what you want)

    Why?: It was part of the Humble THQ Bundle, supposedly not a good game, despite its predecessor Red Faction Guerilla being one of my favourite games.

  • Date: 07/12/12

    From: Steam

    Price: £5.98

    Why?: Seemed cool.

  • Date: 11/12/12

    From: Steam

    Price: £1.99

    Why?: Was the Daily Steam Sale, I liked the demo and bought it.

  • Date: 13/12/12

    From: Steam

    Price: £7.49

    Why?: No good reason. I already own and have played plenty of, the Xbox 360 version. The differences will be minimal, the few minor advantages honestly don't justify buying it, I did though.

  • Date: 13/12/12

    From: GOG

    Price: Free

    Why?: It was free.

  • Date: 13/12/12

    From: GOG

    Price: $2.99

    Why?: I remember playing it years ago, and really feel like playing it again. I only realized a week later that this is the second game in the series however, so I might have to try and find the first.

  • Date: 18/12/12

    From: Get Games

    Price: £4.99

    Why?: I recently heard the story was pretty damn dark, which sounds great. It was in TotalBiscuit's Top 10 of 2012 list too, which was different enough from my own to intrigue me. I'd been intending to play it since seeing that and £5 seems perfectly reasonable. I found the link on Reddit's r/gamedeals, I've used Get Games once before, to buy Condemned before it was available on Steam. It certainly helps that it unlocks on Steam too.

  • Date: 18/12/12

    From: GamersGate

    Price: £3.08

    Why?: I rented Rage on 360, thought it was plenty of fun, and the best looking game I'd seen on the console. I don't really need it or anything, but it's nice to own for just £3 on a much more powerful system. I'll definitely try and play through it though, which is a new one for me. I made a new account at GamersGate and the game unlocks through Steam.

  • Date: 22/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £11.89

    Why?: I own Darksiders 2 on Xbox 360 and have only played about an hour of it. I didn't feel like playing it on the Xbox and didn't think it looked good on my big TV. I'll give it another go on PC; I got all the DLC for the £11.89. I would've gotten Darksiders too, if I didn't already own it.

  • Date: 22/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £1.99

    Why?: I own Conviction on Xbox 360 and really enjoyed playing it, I very nearly bought it a while ago, in a different sale, but decided against it. £2 however, if pretty cheap and probably worth it to play through it again. I've noticed that I'm now buying games a hell of a lot quicker than I'm playing them, and despite ignoring the first day's sales, I've slipped and started buying things I really don't need at all.

  • Date: 22/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £2.49

    Why?: A game I really enjoyed, largely because I persevered in a genre I sucked at and played on Hard, which was crazy for me at the time. Looking forward to playing it again.

  • Date: 22/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £2.24

    Why?: Meant to be great, really need to play it sometime.

  • Date: 22/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £14.99

    Why?: A game I missed because, despite some interest, the game wasn't incredibly well regarded. That said, some things about it sounded appealing and I've bought worse things than new-ish games I've never played.

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Steam(Winter Sale)

    Price: £21.99 (Sonic Bundle)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Humble Bundle(Humble Indie Bundle 7)

    Price: $15 (Pay what you want)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Humble Bundle(Humble Indie Bundle 7)

    Price: $15 (Pay what you want)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Humble Bundle(Humble Indie Bundle 7)

    Price: $15 (Pay what you want)

    Why?:

  • Date: 24/12/12

    From: Humble Bundle(Humble Indie Bundle 7)

    Price: $15 (Pay what you want)

    Why?:

  • Date: 25/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £2.08

  • Date: 25/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £9.99 (Tomb Raider Collection)

  • Date: 25/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £9.99 (Tomb Raider Collection)

  • Date: 25/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £9.99 (Tomb Raider Collection)

  • Date: 25/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £9.99 (Tomb Raider Collection)

  • Date: 25/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £9.99 (Tomb Raider Collection)

  • Date: 26/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £4.55 (Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack

  • Date: 26/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: £4.55 (Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack

  • Date: 27/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: 3.74

  • Date: 27/12/12

    From: Green Man Gaming

    Price: £3.50

  • Date: 27/12/12

    From: Steam (Winter Sale)

    Price: 1.99

  • Date: 29/12/12

    From: GOG

    Price: $2.99

  • Date: 30/12/12

    From: Green Man Gaming

    Price: £1.19

  • Date: 30/12/12

    From: Green Man Gaming

    Price: £2.10

  • Date: 31/12/12

    From: Steam

    Price: £4.49 (with Soundtrack)

  • Date: 15/01/13

    From: Green Man Gaming (unlocks on Steam)

    Price: £1.40

    Notes: I was doing a decent job of not buying games - made it about two weeks! A short game (won't set me back to much on my Steam challenge), that's really cheap, that I've played the demo of and enjoyed, and made Vinny's Top 10 GOTY list, is pretty hard (futile?) to resist.

  • Date: 20/01/13

    From: Steam (pre-purchase)

    Price: N/A a gift

    Notes: A late, great, birthday present.

  • Date: 20/01/13

    From: Games for Windows Live

    Price: 400 MSP

    Notes: Minerva's Den DLC.

  • Date: 26/01/13

    From: Game (Retail, unlocks on Steam)

    Price: £30 (including £10 I found on the floor)

    Notes: I would have already bought this on Steam, but I wanted to finish DMC4 first (still haven't), or maybe get it for my birthday. I bought it for myself instead and got other presents.

  • Date: 26/01/13

    From: Green Man Gaming (unlocks on Steam)

    Price: £5.39 (Collector's Edition)

    Notes: I've put off getting the PC version for a while, and was trying not to buy too many games of late, but it was my birthday, so fuck it.

  • Date: 28/01/13

    From: Green Man Gaming (unlocks on Origin)

    Price: £6

    Notes:

  • Date: 28/01/13

    From: Origin

    Price: £4.99

    Notes: Decided to complete the trilogy on Origin, I already owned ME2 on Origin and ME3 was on sale for a pretty low price. I don't expect to much enjoy ME3, but if I can finish the story for a few pound, I'm game. I may even be able to play through them in sequence, carrying story progress over each time - something I'm not sure I've done before.

  • Date: 28/01/13

    From: Green Man Gaming (unlocks on Origin)

    Price: £29 (Limited Edition)

    Notes: I'm resigned to giving Dead Space 3 a chance, I'm far from convinced by what I've seen and heard thus far, but I have to play it for myself. The Limited Edition is usually £39.99, but GMG had a 25% off pre-purchases offer, as well as £1 cash-back or £2 store credit. So effectively I'm getting the Origin version for £29, and won't have to go and get a physical copy on day of release.

  • Date: 31/01/13

    From: Green Man Gaming (only uses Capsule)

    Price: 64p(!)

    Notes: It's so cheap!

  • Date: 09/02/13

    From: Green Man Gaming

    Price: Free

    Notes: Trying not to spend any money on games this month - it's going pretty well; though pre-ordering Dead Space 3 in January was probably cheating a little.

  • Date: 10/02/13

    From: Green Man Gaming

    Price: Free

  • Date: 11/02/13

    From: Green Man Gaming

    Price: Free

  • Date: 13/02/13

    From: Steam

    Price: £3.99

    Notes: Bought to relive some nostalgia with the girlfriend, despite trying not to spend money for a few weeks. I only spent some of a Steam voucher I got for my birthday, so sort of will power.

  • Date: 17/02/13

    From: Amazon

    Price: £12.03

    Notes: Dismayed at my girlfriend being better at Tetris than me, I started buying Tetris games.

  • Date: 01/03/13

    From: Steam

    System: PC

    Price: £26.99

  • Date: 04/03/13

    From: Origin

    System: PC

    Price: £27.99

  • Date: 03/03/13

    From: Game (Retail)

    System: PS3

    Price: Part of a PS3 bundle

    Notes: Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition

  • Date: 03/03/13

    From: Game (Retail)

    System: PS3

    Price: Part of a PS3 bundle

  • Date: 03/03/13

    From: Game (Retail)

    System: PS3

    Price: Part of a PS3 bundle

  • Date: 03/03/13

    From: Game (Retail)

    System: PS3

    Price: Part of a PS3 bundle

  • Date: 03/03/13

    From: Game (Retail)

    System: PS3

    Price: £42.99 (£25 with PS3)

  • Date: 03/03/13

    From: Game (Retail)

    System: PS3

    Price: £44.99

    Notes: Why did I pay £45 for it? I suppose that, seeing as this is the primary game I wanted a PS3 for, I didn't want to leave the store without it.

  • Date: Unknown

    From: 3DS E-shop

    System: 3DS (Emulated Game Boy)

    Price: Unknown

    Notes:

  • Date: Unknown

    From: CES (Retail)

    System: 3DS

    Price: Unknown (Gift)

    Notes:

  • Date: 12/03/13

    From: PSN Store

    System: PS3 - Digital

    Price: £9.99

    Notes:

  • Date: 19/03/13

    From: PSN Store

    System: PS1 - Digital

    Price: £4.79

    Notes:

  • Date: 26/03/13

    From: Steam

    System: PC - Digital

    Price: £2.37

    Notes:

  • Date: 27/03/13

    From: Retail

    System: Xbox 360

    Price: £40

    Notes:

  • Date: 03/04/13

    From: Playstation Store

    System: PS3 - Digital (PS2 Ports)

    Price: £19.99

    Notes:

  • Date: 09/04/13

    From: Playstation Store

    System: PS3 - (PS1 Port)

    Price: £11.99 (Resident Evil 1-3 bundle)

  • Date: 09/04/13

    From: Playstation Store

    System: PS3 - (PS1 Port)

    Price: £11.99 (Resident Evil 1-3 bundle)

  • Date: 09/04/13

    From: Playstation Store

    System: PS3 - (PS1 Port)

    Price: £11.99 (Resident Evil 1-3 bundle)

  • Date: 24/04/13

    From: Xbox Live Marketplace

    System: Xbox 360 - XBLA Game

    Price: 1,200 MSP

  • Date: 26/04/13

    From: PSN

    System: PS3 - PSN Game

    Price: £3.99

    Notes: This is the PSN version of Tetris, I don't think it's in the database. Couldn't help buying yet another version of Tetris; so whatever system's handy I can get my Tetris fix.

  • Date: 26/04/13

    From: PSN

    System: PS3 - Digital

    Price: £19.99

    Notes: I did have some interest in Dragon's Dogma, but held off on getting it, after seeing that they were releasing Dark Arisen, combining the DLC and the original game. I'm a little disappointed thus far, but we'll see.