By ZombiePie 22 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always. The chat system has been updated so the new reply system should be fine. Earlier this week the CBSi live stream servers were functioning at 30%, but we should be fine now. Not only that but we have a new batch of chat emoticons for you to abuse/enjoy! Brad Muir, Dave Lang, Cool Baby, and myself are all new emoticons you can use and enjoy. On a bit of a low note our former sister sit, Screened, is closing down. Share and discuss your favorite Screened memories over here. Patrick got jolted by his teenage self when someone located an old letter he sent to The Official PlayStation Magazine. Speaking of Patrick Tumblr user jneuman13 admits to being the one that rope a doped Patrick into a talk at his campus. With that let's get on with the latest edition of the Community Spotlight!
Clips of the Week
wallofbricks is back with another video showcasing Brad's follies in Demon's Souls.
- Form/Find a Fantasy Dota League - Join Other Users in Creating Fantasy Leagues Over Here!
- Battlefield 4 GBSQ Platoon - Join the Newly Created Community Platoon for Battlefield 4 Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Diablo III Clan - Enjoy the Diablo III Update with Other Users By Heading Over Here!
- Community RUST Server - Get an Invite to Join PHARAOH's Private Server for GB User Over Here!
Someone...@demoskinos put over two hunder wiki points into Project DIVA 2nd. Read all about Hatsune Freaku there. Also with the new Strider read all about the two major versions of the original Strider game.
Best of Blogs
We have another video game "conspiracy theory" this week, but this one comes from thatpinguino and Persona 4's anti-video game agenda. ArbitraryWater has a blog discussing a decidedly not so old PC game, Might & Magic X, and why it tickled his fancy. Video_Game_King is back in Japan this week, and this time toiled away in the daimyo with Sakura Samurai and Tenchu. Gamer_152 explains why he doesn't think Titanfall is the "next Call of Duty," and pontificates on what he enjoyed and disliked about the beta. lordgodalming cuts to the chase with this edition of his "Good Games that Cheat" blog with Ninja Gaiden and Lords of Shadow. Cathryn uses the Fable and Persona franchises to discuss her unusual relationship with game sequels. Mento has panty shots and a MS Paint webcomic this week. PerfidiousSinn has been playing Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate again and provides his final thoughts on the good and bad of the game. Granderojo explains why the iOS port of R-Type II has potential to be great, but is held back by control weirdness. MooseyMcMan talks about his experiences with Metro Last Light and Remember Me and why they have great atmosphere but questionable gameplay. PimblyCharles has broken the 1,000th post mark this week and looks back on following the GB staff for ten years. NathHaw interviewed a bunch of cosplayers from Katsucon XX, and dudeglove shares his dedication to The Binding of Isaac over the years.
- Get Out of The TV! Persona 4’s Anti-Videogame Message (By: @thatpinguino)
- "Old RPGs That you've Probably Heard I Like" and Other Wonderful Uses of Time and Money (By: @arbitrarywater)
- Japanese, but in a Different Way (By: @video_game_king)
- On the Shoulders of Giants (By: @gamer_152)
- Good Games that Cheat, Vol. 3 (By: @lordgodalming)
- Fable: Anniversary and My Relationship with Sequels (By: @cathryn)
- A Brief Jaunt to...Japan! (Day 3: Shibuya) (By: @mento)
- The Comic Commish: The Previous Generation (Jan-Jun 2009) (By: @mento)
- I Suck At Fighting Games: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (By: @perfidioussinn)
- The Uncooperative Thumb-DotEmu's Restoration of R-TYPE II on Smartphones (By: @granderojo)
- ReMetro Last Light...Me? (By: @mooseymcman)
- 1,000th Forum Post - A Look Back at 10 Years Ago (By: @pimblycharles)
- Katsucon XX 2014 Cosplay and Interviews (By: @nathhaw)
- Some Reflections Ahead of Patrick's Upcoming Playthrough(s) (By: @dudeglove)
Teddie is the one who provided that wonderful Binding of Patrick artwork that I used for the banner. So if you can send your regards to him. wallofbricks has yet another awesome compilation video of some hilarious moments from Brad and Vinny's romp through Demon's Souls. On top of that join other members of the community in predicting how many times you will die playing Dark Souls II. Should stealth games allow you to kill the gaurds impeding your progress? Also join the discussion related to the shutdown of GFWL, HD remakes, dead franchises, and Persona 5.
- The Binding of Patrick (I Drew Some Art) (By: @teddie)
- Brad & Vinny Do More Demon's Souls (Mini Episode) (By: @wallofbricks)
- Dark Souls II Death Count Prediction Thread (By: @fredchuckdave)
- Stealth Games: More or Less Fun to Play When you Can Take Out the Guards? (By: @bisonhero)
- Lightning Returns: FF-XIII Ending Discussion Thread (Spoilers!) (By: @hailinel)
- What Game Would you Want Re-made with Today's Technology? (By: @acidbrandon18)
- GFWL Shut Down, How Many Games are you Going to Lose? (By: @c0l0nelp0c0rn1)
- Franchises That Died Last Gen (By: @carryboy)
- Persona 5 Announcement Disucssion Thread (By: @fluxwavez)
Jagged85 continues to examine pan-generational aspects of the gaming industry with a list of "the most powerful consoles."
Useful User Reviews
- @grumbel's review of The Swapper
- @dinoracha's review of Jazzpunk
- @wemibelec90's review of Ys: Memories of Celceta