By ZombiePie 14 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I am honored to be your host as always. As you all hopefully know it is the weekend of PAX East 2015! If you are attending the event drop a yelp on our Roll Call thread and see if you can hook up with some other users in person during the event. Otherwise stay safe and please have fun at the event.
State of the Site
Are you having issues with hyperlinking on the site? Well there's been an odd problem with the backslash on the HTTP code that has been messing up our system. If you paste a link without a backslash go ahead and add one in at the end of your link. If you already have a backslash and are getting an error try deleting it and trying to submit the link. How about those PAXAMANIA videos that Jeff, Alex, and Dan posted? If you have not yet seen them here are the links to all of them:
Clip of the Week
So what do you do when you are a well known user like @turboman and you get invited to join the staff during an online co-operative Quick Look for Helldivers? Why you deploy right on top of Drew instantly killing him is what you do, and @quaglartheiv has the video to prove it! Also @rapid would like for all of you to check out what the community Warframe clan did for the Phoenix Intercept event!
We have another shot of @datarez's AMAZING Giant Bomb East iRacing skin, and also fanart from lcomart that crosses Waluigi and Peach to create...Wa-peach.
- Sebring 12 hours 2015 - Hosted By the Giant Bomb iRacing Community & Set For March 28th - Join Over Here!
- OlliOlli 2 PSN ID Sharing Thread - Fill Your Leaderboard With Giant Bomb Users By Heading Here!
- Helldivers PSN ID Sharing Thread - Hook Up With Other Users Online By Heading Over Here!
I'm just going to use the weekly wiki showcase this time around to provide some extra promotion for fellow moderator @mento's effort to rejuvenate the wiki pages for a smattering of TurboGrafx-CD games. These are just a few of the games that he has attempted to improve recently.
Best of Blogs
Let's give a big hearty round of applause for Mento for putting in the effort to not complete Metal Gear Solid 3 this week but to also put in a ton of tender loving care into the Giant Bomb Wiki. Speaking of the Giant Bomb Wiki bobafettjm is back with his Wiki Update blog series where he welcomes you to join him in discussing what wonderful work you have all been doing on the wiki. Similarly JBG4 also wishes to welcome you with a weekly update on what he accomplished in terms of gaming last week. Shivoa wrote an introspective look at the status of reviews as a source of accurate consumer information. GrantHeaslip is continuing to write his retrospective of Final Fantasy XIII and this week discusses why he enjoys the games' introduction and cast of characters. Meanwhile thatpinguino is talking about a different Final Fantasy game in the form of a Deep Look and speedrun advice blog pertaining to Final Fantasy IX. thatpinguino is also up to his old tricks with a blog discussing card combat, but this week blogs about Triple Triad. theacidskull recently read Halo: Fall of Reach and heartily recommends it to anyone with an interest in science fiction. A new month means that BlackLagoon has a blog annotating all of the games coming out for the PlayStation Vita. Ford_Dent enjoyed Aliens: Isolation, but extrapolates on why its use of throwaway characters hurt the games' immersion. Finally MajorMitch and shindig have monthly updates on what they accomplished in the last month in terms of gaming.
- Wiki Project: Turbo Time (CD) (By: @mento)
- Mento Gear Solid 3: Snark Eater: Part Six (Finale) [Part 5, Part 4, and Part 3]
- The Relevance of the Traditional Launch Review (By: @shivoa)
- Revelations 2 Podcast, EP1 Playthrough, and Blog/Review/Whatever! [Episode 2] (By: @yummylee)
- Happy Monday Duders - Kevin Spacey is Pretty Cool Edition 03/02/15 (By: @jbg4)
- Revisiting Final Fantasy XIII #002 – Opening (By: @grantheaslip)
- Revisiting Final Fantasy XIII #003 – Lightning, Sazh, and Overambitious Narrative Design (By: @grantheaslip)
- When the World Ends There’ll Be Me, You, and a Card Game (By: @thatpinguino)
- Deep Look: Final Fantasy IX- Speed Run Tips: The Steiner Battles (By: @thatpinguino)
- I Played Some Games In February And Then Wrote About It (By: @nophilip)
- Halo: Fall Of Reach - Review (By: @theacidskull)
- (The Return Of) The Weekly Wiki Update - Sunday, March 1st 2015 (By: @bobafettjm)
- March Vita Lineup and Upcoming Titles (By: @blacklagoon)
- Axel Fell, or Stop Making Shit so Obvious, Video Games (By: @ford_dent)
- Monthly Roundup, February 2015 (By: @majormitch)
- Things I Finished in February (By: @shindig)
So how has Helldivers been treating you? Join the rest of the community in discussing your online experience, both good and bad, on our community discussion thread. We also have a Dragonball Z Xenoverse discussion thread where you too can share your experiences with the illustrious Pinto Bean. Also, community favorite Super Hot finally released in the form of an alpha and if you got your hands on that please feel free to discuss your early impressions of how the game is looking. FINALLY, the Big Live Live Show is BACK and is all set for April 28th! Mark your calendars and talk about what you are most hoping to see during the event.
- Helldivers Discussion Thread (By: @fredchuckdave)
- Big Live LIVE Show: Live! 2015 Discussion (By: @flstyle)
- Dragonball Xenoverse Discussion (By: @thatguy060)
- Super Hot Alpha Discussion Thread (By: @fox)
HDetective games are a rare breed nowadays and Kewlsnake took the time to look back on some of the Noir and Detective games that he has the fondest memories for.