By ZombiePie 23 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! We have a lot of housekeeping to address so let's get straight into it! The Giant Bomb Endurance Run was a huge success! The effort ended up reaching their goal of @$2,500, and if you wanted to know their Fundly account will still be up for another month! Firstly if you are having issues using the Giant Bomb Roku app don't freak out; the engineers shut down the old API tier as they replace it with the new API. As you may have noticed the @notification system is currently borked. If you are having issues getting issues file your bug report over here, and yes the engineers are aware that everyone is getting notifications for commenting on their own blog. If you are still having issues either logging on or commenting on the live chat for streams to file a full bug report over here. If you noticed a little reverb on the latest Bombcast just know that Jeff converted the audio file on a preset template versus creating a new flat channel. If the differences are bugging you, or you are fine with change, share your input here as this new process is easier for Jeff, but he will stop if the quality is poor. Finally if you didn't know Rorie has been with us for a year now! If you haven't done so already wish him a hearty congratulations on surviving his first year over here.
Clips of the Week
Our clip of the week this week is the first SoundCloud I have embedded! Anyways this clip is an interview of Patrick by Molly Adams and Brian Babylon of the Morning AMp. The talking points include Patrick's coverage of the toxic parts of the internet and an in-depth discussion on why so many people hate Patrick and feel the need to show it.
- Fireside Gathering: Hearthstone Community Event - Help Other Users Accomplish the Fireside Gathering Event Over Here!
- MLB The Show 14 League - Join the Community League Over Here!
- Pokemon X/Y League Season 6 - You Can Still Sign Up for the Next Season By Reading the Rules Over Here!
Some great recent work has been done on both the Orcs must Die! Unchained and Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition wiki pages which are worth checking out this week.
Best of Blogs
The top blog this week comes from The_Boots who shares a highly emotional blog on how Ryan's life and death helped save his life. DorkyMohr created the "Small Businessman" fanart seen above. thatpinguino has the first real part to his blog series re-examining the dream books from Lost Odyssey, whereas cottoneud has the foruth part to his Persona 4 Golden Let's Play blog. bobafettjm is committing himself to providing a weekly update of his wiki activity, and Pufferfiz has two new blogs updating you on his preparations for the game jam he plans on participating in. Video_Game_King has gone from being a princess to being a chef this week with a couple of food/cooking themed games this week. Mento is back with a Comic Commish that talks about the notable releases from the Summer of 2010. morecowbell24 recently completed Infamous: Second Son, and discusses why he was not a fan of its use of player choice, and similarly Ethanielrain breaks down why he's done with PlayStation Trophies. Blaineblaine extrapolates why he wants to see Nintendo to continue to innovate console technology. PimblyCharles has a bunch of artwork that he wants you to use for your own purposes. Dalai and NathHaw both have their blogs about their experiences at PAX East 2014. If you wanted to know more about Hatsune Miku or Final Fantasy then Hailinel is the man to turn to this week. PirateNipple details his tempered disappointment with Trials Fusion, and finally dankempsters defends Assassin's Creed Revelation as well as abhors Final Fantasy VIII on his latest gaming update.
- What Ryan Davis Taught Me (By: @the_boots)
- Hey Small Business Man! (Fanart) (By: @dorkymohr)
- Analyzing Dreams: Hanna’s Departure (By: @thatpinguino)
- Weekly Wiki Update - Friday, April 25th 2014 (By: @bobafettjm)
- April Game Jam Week 2 [Week 3] (By: @pufferfiz)
- The King's Cooking Corner! (Egotism Sold Separately.) (By: @video_game_king)
- The Comic Commish: The Previous Generation (Jan-Jun 2010) (By: @mento)
- The Problem with Player Choice (By: @morecowbell24)
- Persona 4 Golden New Game Plus -- The Continuing Adventures of William Rikeru (Part 4 4/22/2014) (By: @cottoneud)
- I Hate Trophies (By: @ethanielrain)
- I Want Nintendo Hardware And So Should You (By: @blaineblaine)
- A Gift to Giant Bomb and the Community (By: @pimblycharles)
- One Week Later: The Lessons Learned from PAX East (By: @dalai)
- My Video of PAX and Giant Bomb (By: @nathhaw)
- Miku, Rikku, and Delsin: Recent Game Impressions (By: @hailinel)
- After Playing for a Few Days, My Thoughts on Trial Evolution (By: @piratenipple)
- Previously In Dan's Gaming History... (By: @dankempster)
I was prepared to just dismiss Sweep's Brad Muir thread...until Brad Muir's father created an account to post in that thread. Also fellow mod @mattyftm has created a Tumblr posting more images of stuff that looks like Brad Muir...it's super dumb. The Bombcast Rewind is down for the count...but don't worry! The Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance is here to fill the void! As mentioned already it's Rorie's one year anniversary as an employee of Giant Bomb. Share your user created songs from Fract OSC, or your screencaps from the PS4 version of Final Fantasy XIV Online. Finally we have discussion thread for the PC version of Dark Souls II and the Revelations DLC for Lords of Shadow 2.
- Things That Look Like Brad Muir (By: @sweep)
- Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance is On the Air (By: @rustafur)
- Happy 1 Year Giant Bomb Anniversary to Rorie (By: @pinner458)
- Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Screencap Posting Thread (By: @snakelinksonic)
- Fract OSC User Created Song Sharing Thread (By: @enchantedecho)
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - Revelations is Uhh Out... (By: @humanity)
- Dark Souls II PC Discussion Thread (By: @jjweatherman)
- Your Proudest Moments in Dark Souls II (By: @militantfreudian)
Our first list comes from CairnsyTheBeard who has a large list of games that he's given up on for a variety of reasons from game breaking bugs to soul crushing difficulty spikes. Xymox on the other hand has a list of games he has lost or sold.
- Games I Never Finished Due To Game Breaking Bugs or Inordinate Difficulty Curves or My Own Inadequacy (By: @cairnsythebeard)
- Games I Used to Have (By: @xymox)
Useful User Reviews
- @granderojo's review of ReignMaker
- @wemibelec90's review of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f
- @vermisean's review inFamous: Second Son