By ZombiePie 31 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! There's not really that much housecleaning this week. Other than the usual tomfoolery that this site embarks on things have been very mellow. Due to recent events I would like to remind users to be more careful about attaching concepts and objects to wiki pages.
Other than that I'll just add to the brevity of this Spotlight by directing you to TurboMan's latest Best of the Giant Bomb Quicklook videos:
Notable Stuff and Events
Batman Batman Batman: The Official Killzone 3 GB Clan Thread -- Sign up HERE!
Vito's Game Giveaway #6 -- Due Feb 26th -- Check out the details HERE!
Wonderful WikisAs to be expected Killzone is the theme of this week with the second and third games both having wonderfully detailed wikis. Albert Wesker is making a lot of noise in the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 community but check out his character page on Giant Bomb. Giant Bomb CLEARLY has a thing for bowling. Finally Xenogears is being re-released on PSN so it seems appropriate to showcase the wiki page for a game many gamers are very nostalgic about.
- Veektarius's review of Drakensang: The River of Time
- Domstercool's review of Blade Kitten
- Grumbel's review of Infinite Space
- gbrading's review of Super Meat Boy
Lovable ListsAlright guys I have a little request this time. Marino is a beast when it comes to the wiki. However when a user took offense to his rulings on some wiki related issues he decided to get revenge by voting down all of his lists detailing his dedication to the site. Said user then created an alt and down voted his lists again. So please check out Marino's lists and give them the credit they deserve!
- Games That Need More Mathew Bartleby Oliver Haggar (By: GlenTennis)
- Giant Bomb Keeps it Classy (By: martellus)
- TI-99/4A Collection (By: Marino)
- Pages I Have Helped Edit (By: CitizenKane)
- Mini Reviews (By: EpicSteve)
Best of Blogs/Fantastic ForumsThe Giant Bomb community really has a soft spot for JRPGs. Between the constant flow of desktop art for Persona 4 and various JRPG themed endurance blogs I guess Giant Bomb has always been turning Japanese. Gamer_152 completes his wonderful series of blogs about how to become a game designer. ZanzibarBreeze is the master of podcast based nostalgia trips. Sweep and PsEG prove that even when you are a mod you can still blog. Mento continues his successful old vs. new blog series. This time he examines the Final Fantasy series.
- Want the Persona 4 HUD on Your Desktop? (By: Takua108)
- Life Inside a Star - Filled Sky (By: extremeradical)
- Soap's JRPG Challenge Month 1 (By: Soap)
- Enduring Final Fantasy VII - Episode Sixteen (By: dankempster)
- Worst Named Video Game Characters (By: GlenTennis)
- How to Become A Game Designer - Part 5 (By: Gamer_152)
- The Best of 1UP Yours (2006); 4 hours of Sheer Brilliance (By: ZanzibarBreeze)
- What Makes a Successful Videogame Boss? (By: Sweep)
- Hyper Combo Chain Multiplier! Quest Stats (By: PsEG)
- Old vs. New: Final Fantasies vs. Final Fantasy XIII (Part One) (By: Mento)
- Yakuza Endurance Run - Part 1 (By: bretthancock)
- 30 Days of Gaming: Day 8 (By: aurahack)
User Created Podcasts
- Nerf'd Cast - Blah Blah Blah User Made Podcast Edition
- Shadowy Cabal Podcast - Ep 9 - You're Hogging All the Dragon Age
Author's Note: Blah blah blah yeah I know I forgot something! Look I'm only human and try the best I can. However if I have forgotten something or you have created or found something totally awesome then drop a comment on this webzone and I'll think about sending you a pizza roll.