By ZombiePie 19 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! If you have received a PM from this edition of the Community Spotlight, don't panic! You have created something worth showcasing! For this edition of the Community Spotlight I am going to utilize the #username feature when inputting usernames. There are a couple of reasons for this: 1) It's faster than manually hyper-linking the usernames, and 2) It allows for more users to be aware that they have done something notable. I have done a terrible job at notifying people that they are being showcased or featured on the front-page. By using the #username feature I'm able to notify a larger number of users that I'm showcasing something that they have done quickly and easily. If you absolutely hate it I can put your username on a blacklist to not be linked that way, but honestly give it a try. Again it makes things easier for me, and you get a little congratulatory PM containing the entire edition of the latest Spotlight...almost as if it were an actual community newsletter.
In terms of news there's not much to mention other than the whole Gamewise.co situation is becoming absolutely bonkers. So on that note here's an animated Bombcast video by @mrbrooks:
Important New Site Stuff
- Super House of Dead Ninjas Super Score Challenge Thread - Post You High Scores in SHODN Over HERE!
- Always Be Cloaking - Giant Bomb's Community Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Clan of Deadly Duders - Join the Clan Over HERE!
This edition of Wonderful Wikis is brought to you by the wonderfully weird and obscure! Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of Titans continues the trend of JRPGs having impressively detailed wiki pages, yet again. Phantom Break: Battle Grounds is your "I Bet You Didn't Know THAT Was Released This Week," game and you can read all about what it's all about on our wiki page for the game. Last weekend I noticed that our Dog's Life wiki page is better than it has any right to be...kind of like the Dog's Life video game. Finally help make the neat idea of having a "Plagiarism," concept page by attaching more examples you can think of the concept as well as detail the examples of it already known.
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
- Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
- Plagiarism (concept page)
- Dog's Life
Best of Blogs
Menace to society and blogging legend Video_Game_King has officially published his 300th blog on Giant Bomb. Check out all of his detailed stats about his blogging "career" on Giant Bomb. Mento published not one or two blogs this week, but three! Read all about his issues with the new site to the Turbo-Grafx weirdness he has been playing. BlazeHedgehog shares his impressions of the Castlevania: Mirror of Fate demo, whereas Phatmac discussed his thoughts on Metal Gear Rising...I wonder which was longer the demo or the game....Fattony12000 in anticipation for the upcoming release of SimCity played through every PC SimCity game and discusses the evolution of the franchise on his blog, simultaneously GrantHeaslip has finally completed his personal "Endurance Run" of Final Fantasy XIII and reasons out his final thoughts of the game. ArbitraryWater enjoyed Fire Emblem: Awakening so much that he wrote a blog about why it's probably going to be his Game of the Year for 2013. The fourth edition of Dialogue Options, the community round-table blog series, discusses the merits and de-merits of always having the protagonist end up on top in video game stories. JJWeatherman has written a blog explaining why he kind of like much lampooned Amy, and Sweep addresses his concerns about how "bigger" games for this next generation, may not be for the best. Finally evanbower does you a solid this week by not only sharing why he found Super Mario 3D Land slightly disappointing, but also for starting a blog series providing time stamps of all the hilarious and memorable moments for Unprofessional Fridays.
- The Renegade Ego Episode 300 Bonanza! Yes, Those Words Make Sens (By: @Video_Game_King)
- Shining, Sweeping & Satirizing (By: @Mento)
- The TurboMento-12: Dungeon Explorer (By: @Mento)
- Watch, As I Brazenly Equate the PS4 Reveal to this Site's Relaunch (By: @Mento)
- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate Demo Impressions (By: @BlazeHedgehog)
- Fatbomb: A Tale of Five Cities (By: @Fattony12000)
- My Thoughts on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (By: @Phatmac)
- I Play Old Games (Might and Magic: Legend of Xeen) (By: @ArbitraryWater)
- ArbitraryWater's preemptive Game of the Year 2013* (By: @ArbitraryWater)
- Final Fantasy XIII Part 11: Done! (By: @GrantHeaslip)
- Dialogue Options Vol. 4: Player Will Prevail (By: @Rappelsiini)
- Cloudy With a Chance of Gaming (By: @JJWeatherman)
- The Unofficial Giant Bomb Guide to Unprofessionalism (By: @evanbower)
- The Haughty Thowmp on Super Mario 3D Land (By: Ibid)
- Size Isn't Everything... (By: @Sweep)
This week we have video game discussion thread for BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2, and the God of War: Ascension Demo. We also have an interesting poll related to whether or not you watch every cutscene when playing video games. Finally we have a discussion thread for Alex's new Guns of Navarro feature and everyone's favorite obscure buried treasures from this generation of video games.
- Obscure Current Generation Console Games (By: @Ramone)
- Do You Always Watch Cutscenes? (By: @NekuSakuraba)
- BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner2 Thoughts and Discussion Thread (By: @L44)
- God of War: Ascension Demo Discussion Thread (By: @Yummylee)
- Guns of Navarro is Awesome (By: @gkhan)
Well Mento may have actually broken his record for most appearances on a single Community Spotlight with his three blogs and list of every Mega Drive/Genesis game that he has played. tablefloor on the other hand has created a list sharing his top 10 favorite games from this generation of console games.
- A General List From a Genesis Generalist (By: @Mento)
- My 10 Favorite Games Of The Generation (In No Particular Order) (By: @tablefloor)