By ZombiePie 12 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! It's PAX East week and you may have noticed that there neither a TNT nor Unprofessional Fridays was recorded this week as a result of this fact. As seen from the banner expect to view the wonderful hilarity of Giant Bomb's PAX East 2013 panel when everyone comes back for next week, though with GDC right around the corner maybe expect some on that delays. Despite the convention madness that has consumed most of the staff our very own Brad Shoemaker guested on Adam Sessler's video series discussing DmC: Devil May Cry (Spoiler Warning!). Continual friend of the site Matthew Rorie recently wrote a blog detailing his World of Warcraft retirement. The Giant Bomb PC gaming community has been up to a bunch of madness in Arma II's alpha. The community Roundtable Dialogue Options is looking for new recruits! Let out a yelp on the most recent edition of the feature to be a part of future editions of Dialogue Options. Finally here's TWO compilation videos from YouTube, one being the latest Best of Giant Bomb Quick Looks by @turboman and the other compiling the best Vinny moments:
- Giant Bomb Community Tournament #1, March 23rd - Set up for March 23rd, 19:00 GMT - Sign Up and Get the Details Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Community Guild - Join Other Users in Hunting Down Monsters Over Here!
PAX East 2013 is this week and if you were not able to attend the event check out the wiki page for the convention and lament on what you are missing including the ridiculous photos people always attach on the PAX wiki pages. Gear of War: Judgement is the big game for this week and you can learn more about it on its wiki page. Finally the wiki editing community has created great pages for the Fire Emblem character Ricken, and LEGO City Undercover.
Best of Blogs
ArbitraryWater being a fan of the Fire Emblem franchise details his adventures in one of the older entries in the series, whereas dankempster shares his thoughts and opinions related to the most recent Tomb Raider game as a long time fan of the adventures of Lara Croft. Video_Game_King graces us with two blogs this week; one containing a picture guide to his adventures in Persona 3 FES, and the other extrapolating upon Sonic Adventures and Punky Skunk. Speaking of Sonic resident Sonic the Hedgehog expert BlazeHedgehog provides a scathing review of the unleashed mod for Sonic Generations. thatpinguino managed to create two blogs this week with one detailing why Brutal Legends is a wonderfully flawed game, and the other further detailing his thoughts on the mechanics of Final Fantasy VIII. FLStyle provides an itinerary of all the fun events the Fighting Game Community has in store for PAX East 2013, simultaneously camoufrage explains why he's terrible at playing fighting games online. Mento took the time to explain what "real" mahjong is all about and how it works. StarFoxA made a crack at the Humble Bundle pack for Android by playing Solar 2 and Dynamite Jack, and Chaser324 has seven roguelikes he wants you to read about on his latest blog. linus_south shares his good, bad, and insane "misadventures" with his 3DS. devise22 contemplates on EA's recently follies in online require video gaming with the troubled launch of SimCity. RayCarter gave Nier a chance and explains why you should too. Colorwind provides his personal pitch for a new Mega Man X game, Wrighteous88 continues to descend into the mad world of video game books, and Mordeaniischaos explains why he's tired of Assassin's Creed's combat system.
- Yet Another Blog about Fire Emblem (By: @arbitrarywater)
- Tomb Raider - Thoughts From A Long-Term Fan (By: @dankempster)
- PAX East 2013 FGC events - Daigo, Divekick, Lang Zone, Mad Catz & Team Spooky, FGC Panel (By: @flstyle)
- A Night On The Tiles: My Mahjong Song (By: @mento)
- This Blog is Totally Cool and Full of Attitude (By: @video_game_king)
- The King's Screenshot Journey Through Tartarus (By: @video_game_king)
- The System Ain’t Broke, But that Guy Sure is (By: @thatpinguino)
- Brutal Legend: A Break Down of a Wonderful, Flawed Game (By: @thatpinguino)
- Bundle Backlog - Solar 2 and Dynamite Jack (By: @starfoxa)
- My Fighting Game Dilemma (By: @camoufrage)
- 3DS Misadventures (By: @linus_south)
- Unleash Your Copy of Sonic Generations (By: @blazehedgehog)
- Thoughts on EA; Mistakes, Missteps and Good Ideas (By: @devise22)
- Rapid Fire- Nier (By: @raycarter)
- 2013 Seven Day Roguelike Roundup (By: @chaser324)
- Game Pitch: Mega Man X: Resistance Assault (By: @colorwind)
- Required Reading--Dead Space: Catalyst (By: @wrighteous86)
As the madness of the VGCW consumes the internet join the insanity by discussing the most recent follies of the event on the discussion thread. Also comment on the Warframe open beta if you got in and talk about your first impressions of Supergiant Games' Transistor. Talk about what you consider to be "pretentious" in video games, and finally check out morbid_coffee's explanation and guide to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's Charm system if you have any confusions about it.
- The VGCW Discussion Thread (By: @phatmac)
- Warframe Open Beta Discussion Thread (By: @mercanis)
- Pretentiousness in Video Games? (By: @m2cks)
- MH3U and the Mystery of the Charm Table (By: @morbid_coffee)
- Supergiant Games' Transistor Initial Reactions Thread (By: @aegon)
The always languorous and lustful list loving Mento luckily graces us today with a luxurious list labeling the ferrymen of death he has given a look while letching video games. Oh that lovable lesbian!
Useful User Reviews
- @willin's user review of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
- @cjduke's user review of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
- @geekcomplex's user review of Darkstalkers Resurrection