By ZombiePie 18 Comments
WelcomeHello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! You may have noticed on your browser tabs that Giant Bomb has a new favicon, so don't freak out if you are just noticing this. Also the new favicon was designed by Giant Bomb user BryanYoung so tell him want you think if you can. If you haven't heard, our own Vinny Caravella has become a father. As far as the Wiki goes please keep in mind that from now "International Versions" of video games do not warrant new wiki pages, instead describe them on pre-existing pages. There's a Temporary Giant Bomb FAQ in light of the CBSi buyout, but keep in mind there have not been any changes to the Forum Rules. If any of you are excited about the upcoming re-haul for the Giant bomb Wiki you can see hints of it on Dave's computer screen on this video. Also Dave news is if you plan on going to PAX East 2012 keep in mind Dave will holding free drinks after their panel at JJFoley's like last year. With that let's get on with the Spotlight and remember. Jeff is not a hoarder even though it may seem like that:
- Guess that Quick Look: Shoemaker Edition - Test Your Memory of Giant Bomb's Quick Look's Over Here!
- Official Kid Icarus: Uprising Matchmaking Thread - Hook Up with fellow Users Over Here!
- Armored Core V UK/EU/AU Online 360 Community Team - If Interested Sign Up to Join Over Here!
- Armored Core V PS3 Online Team Coordination Thread - Join and Help Plan Events for the Group Over Here!
- Favorite Old Videos of Giant Bomb - Talk About and Link Your Favorites Over Here!
Wonderful WikisPAX East is coming up and Giant Bomb will be there to host a panel and Dave is going to be hosting and after panel party at JJFoley's. The recent release of Kid Icarus: Uprising has inspired the community and users to add to its Wiki Entry as well as Pit and Palutena's Wiki Entries. The downloadable games Sine Mora and Closure both have accrued well detailed Wiki Entries. The concept page for Controller overlays is an amazingly detailed wiki and the tradition of Fire Emblem character having great Wikis continues this week.
Best of BlogsThe biggest notable for this week is user Vager changing the name for the WhiskeyMedia livestream Twitter bot to GiantBombLive and has some custom scripts that make exploring Giant Bomb more interesting. User buzz_clik shares his latest work of amazing art. Users Mikey2D and dankempster look back at old new games with a more critical eye. User jbn566 is going back and making a series of blogs that chronicle the evolution of baseball video games all the way back to the cartridge days. somnambulist and Psycosis talk about enjoying games the staff have dismissed. User yeah_write wrote about Mass Effects great middle and shares his entry to GameSpot's pixel art contest. Mento talks about games with insect protagonist and MajorMitch talks about how StarCraft and eSports as a whole can learn from professional tennis.
- @WhiskeyLive Name Change and Some Useful Scripts for Giant Bomb (By: Vager)
- Persona 4 Animation Review (By: metalsnakezero)
- I Mean it: Kirby's a Vampire. There's No Denying it. (By: Video_Game_King)
- The World Ends With You Remixes from Kingdom Hearts 3DS (By: TepidShark)
- Sparky's Update - Revisiting Disgaea 4 (By: Sparky_Buzzsaw)
- The Pursuit of the All Mighty Page Hit (By: YukoAsho)
- Device Connected - Episode 9 (03/27/2012) (By: aurahack)
- What StarCraft Can Learn from Tennis (By: MajorMitch)
- Buggy Games (By: Mento)
- Mass Effect 3's Excellent Middle (By: yeah_write)
- Goodbye, Game. (By: pickassoreborn)
- Guilty Crown News: Lost Christmas Visual Novel Game (By: takashichea)
- Yakuza: Dead Souls is Actually Pretty Cool (By: somnambulist)
- History of Baseball Video Games #3 - Atari 2600's Home Run (By: jbn566)
- I Play Porn Games for the Story // 03.25.2012 (By: Psycosis)
- Gaming's Orpheus: What Looking Back has Cost Me (By: dankempster)
- The Downfall of the Occident: "Age of Decadence" Demo Out Now (By: Egge)
- Rant: Forced Narrative in Fight Night Champion (By: Mikey2D)
- Introducing Drësca Technologies (By: buzz_clik)
- Help Me Plan a Trip to Tokyo! (By: InsidiousTuna)
- Revisiting Half-Life (By: drevilbones)
Lovable ListsUser Mento seems to have gotten back his mojo with a fun and entertaining list of video game characters that show how four arms are better than two. User foxonfire is going back to the last decade and listing all of the games he think count as milestones for the medium.
Useful User Reviews
- Vague_Optimism's user review of Silent Hill: Downpour
- Mento's user review of Xenoblade Chronicles
- MikeLemmer's user review of Waveform
- Abyssfull's user review of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- N7's user review of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- BiG_Weasel's user review of Forsaken World
- Count_Zero's user review of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
- Skald's user review of Angry Birds Space