By ZombiePie 18 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight. I am your host as always. As the staff and community still reels from the death of Ryan the site is slowly but surely moving towards normalcy. Ryan will always be in our thoughts as the show goes on. For those of you that are wondering about the Ryan Davis t-shirts, they have been pulled from the marketplace. Also, if you have any suggestions on how to make the video player better, or are experiencing bugs/issues with it drop a comment over here, and Rorie will get to the bottom of it! With that all said it's the Summer Game Drought! Luckily it's also the Steam Summer Sale.
Clip of the Week
@turboman strikes again with another great Best of Giant Bomb Quick Look video! This video concludes his retrospective of the best moments from the Backflips 'n Bioforge feature:
- Trackmania 2 Valley Giant Bomb Community Server - Get the Server Details Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Community Pocket Mobsters Cartel - Join the Cartel Over Here!
This week the big game releases are Shin Megami Tensei IV and Civ V: Brave New World, and you can learn more about them on their wonderfully detailed wiki pages. The same goes for increasingly popular Rogue Legacy. Finally, your interesting new concept page of the week is "Company's Name in Title."
Best of Blogs
This week jouseldelka talks about finally giving New Vegas a playthrough and discusses why he enjoyed it. ShawnS talks about why he hates the Clickers from The Last of Us, but how they could be better. StarvinGamer performed for Video Games Live, but also shares the worst Burger King he has ever been to. In honor of Ryan Granderojo has created a list of his favorite 2013 Summer Jams and asks you to join him. Video_Game_King stomached through a South Park and Tiny Tunes game and you can read about his pain on his latest blog. Sparky_Buzzsaw talks about the time he has sunk into Brave New World, and he is joined by ArbitraryWater who in addition to Brave New World played Resident Evil 6. EarlessShrimp explains why you should give Tyrian 2000 a try since it's free on GOG.com. Sooty blogs about why the announcement of Street Fighter IV Ultra isn't that big a deal, but YukoAsho talks about why he doesn't plan on buying Ultra. Finally RecSpec pontificates upon who he thinks the fifth new character will be and you can humor his insanity on his blog. Finally CharlesAlanRatliff has a video of him playing a demo for the Oculus Rift and Mento commemorates Ryan's death with a blog about Planscape: Torment.
- Holy Crap...What An Outstanding Gem This Is! (By: @jouseldelka)
- I Hate Clickers but There’s a Good Idea Here (By: @shawns)
- The Worst Burger King In the World (oh, and Video Games Live) (By: @starvinggamer)
- My 2013 Summer Jams in Review (By: @granderojo)
- Search for the Hidden Treasure in My Luv Shack.............uh oh (By: @video_game_king)
- Sparky's Revenge of the Update - Steam Sale, Brave New World (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)
- I Play Modern Games and Apologize Thusly (Resident Evil 6) (By: @arbitrarywater)
- Shooting Them Up: Tyrian 2000 Style (By: @earlessshrimp)
- Capcom's Street Fighter IV Release History and Why It's Dumb to Be Mad (By: @sooty)
- My Speculation on the 5th Character (By: @recspec)
- Super Ultra Mega Hyper Crazy Turbo Great Amazing Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Home Version (By: @yukoasho)
- Oculus Rift and Razer Hydra: Sixense Tuscany Demo (By: @charlesalanratliff)
EpicSteve, Pascual, and Bodega got to interview Dave Lang and asked him questions about Divekick and you can listen to their descent into the Lang Zone. If you have been made any big or notable Steam purchases thanks to the Summer Steam Sale talk about them on the discussion thread. Have you ever screwed up while playing a game and it bit you in the ass? Share your story on the community discussion thread about such screw ups. Have you been playing Shin Megami Tensei IV? If so talk about your experiences with the other Giant Bomb users on the first impressions thread for the game. Finally...why am I recommending the "Do Moderators Get Paid?" thread? Well, it's funny.
- Steve, Pascual, and Kessler Interview Dave Lang (By: @epicsteve)
- Steam Summer Sale Discussion Thread (By: @hidys)
- Biggest Screwups While Playing a Game? (By: @beachthunder)
- First Impressions of Shin Megami Tensei IV (By: @ezakael)
- Do Moderators Get Paid? (By: @naru_joe93)
If you have a bunch of un-played Steam games before and thanks to the Steam Sale take comfort that you are joined by Rorie and The_Nubster. Also, Mento marks the 30th anniversary of the Famicom with a list of the best obscure games of the platform.
- Famicom's Thirtieth (By: @mento)
- Shameful Steam Backlog (By: @the_nubster)
- Steam Games I Need to Beat (By: @rorie)
Useful User Reviews
- @mento's user review of Project X Zone
- @wemibelec90's user review of The Last of Us
- @librariangmr's user review of The Walking Dead: 400 Days
- @sparky_buzzsaw's user review of Organ Trail: Director's Cut
- @eirikr's user review of Shin Megami Tensei IV