By ZombiePie 17 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am you host as always and I would like to take this time to thank everyone who participated as well as donated money during the Extra Life fundraiser. For those of you that aren't already aware the Giant Bomb account was able to raise $80,468, and the Giant Bomb team raised $115,888.47 for Extra Life! Great work everyone! Also you may know where to find the stream archives for Giant Bomb's activities are, but here's Pascual's archive. Other major accomplishments this week include the Giant Bomb Forza Race Night turning four. C418 has created a Minecraft track titled "Taswell." Oh and did I mention that I have a bunch of stuff of our very own Vinny Caravella doing stupid stuff? Yeah, well I do!
Clip(s) of the Week
Normally I write a brief description about what the clips are about, but this week is all about Vinny Caravella, America's greatest badass.
- Giant Bomb Community Game of the Generation Bracket - Round 1 - Vote for the Game You Think is the Best of This Generation Over Here!
- Call of Duty Ghost - Xbox One Clan - If you Plan on Buying the Xbox One Version of Ghosts Join the Clan Over Here!
Call of Duty is the big game of the week and recent work on the Need for Speed Rival pages is equally impressive. One important note about the wiki is that Rorie has announced that the engineers are actively working on fixing many issues associated with that part of the site. Expect some major changes to the wiki within the next month.
Best of Blogs
Everyone on this site should read EpicSteve's taut and powerful blog about how Battlefield helped him deal with his PTSD. TurboMan has finally compiled all of his Best of Giant Bomb Quick Look on one convenient blog post. Gamer_152 decided to try and figure out what Sonic's place is today, and what's been troubling the rodent. Tunderslash is going to pass on the next generation of consoles and instead tackle his backlog, whereas MachoFantastico gives a detailed explanation as to why he's not sold on any of the consoles. Video_Game_King wants you to read about his final thoughts on Persona 3 FES as well as entertain his delusions about being a father. Sparky_Buzzsaw continues to ramble about Disgaea as well as A Wolf Among Us. Wuddle is going to give building a gaming PC another shot, whereas dankempster is back with his effort to play every single Metal Gear game ever made. PerfidiousSin provides his insight into Street Fighter x Tekken as someone who doesn't play fighting games. MajorMitch got around to Pokemon as well as The Stanley Parable, and similarly GrantHeaslip spent the week on the indie hit Hotline Miami, but he details why the PS3 version may not be the version to get. Finally dudeglove has written a blog about how the player agency in Dark Souls is its greatest and worst trait.
- PTSD and How Battlefield Potentially Saved My Life (By: @epicsteve)
- Best of Giant Bomb Videos Masterthread. Newest: Grand Theft Vinny (By: @turboman)
- Green Hills and Running Shoes (By: @gamer_152)
- Keeping the Backlog Beast at Bay, One Month at a Time (By: @thunderslash)
- Words Cannot Describe This (By: @video_game_king)
- A Royal Screenshot Guide to Parenthood (By: @video_game_king)
- Sparky's Update - Disgaea D2, Wolf Among Us (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)
- Why I'm Not Jumping Onto the Next Gen Train...Just Yet! (By: @machofantastico)
- Building My First Gaming PC (Part 2) (By: @wuddel)
- Metal Gear Madness - Episode .08 (By: @dankempster)
- I Suck At Fighting Games: Street Fighter x Tekken (By: @perfidioussinn)
- Monthly Roundup, October 2013 (By: @majormitch)
- Games I've Played: Hotline Miami (PS3) (By: @grantheaslip)
- Player Agency Gone Wild, Or, Why You Should Play Dark Souls (And Why You Probably Shouldn't?) (By: @dudeglove)
Rorie shows off the two awesome figure sets that users have submitted to the staff to play during their Pathfinder sessions. I on the other hand task you with creating or proposing new emoticons for the engineers to program into the chat. Grimmie92 has the corporate logo for VinnCo., the company you should trust for you daily genitalia trauma. PezzMachine taps into his creative juices to create some maddening Winjammers x Giant Bomb fan fiction that you should read. Finally discuss what you are hopeful for for Blizzcon 2013, and the evil video game corporation you would be willing to work for.
- Two Separate Last Canadians Miniature Sets! (By: @rorie)
- Let's Make More Emoticons for the Chat! (By: @zombiepie)
- VinnCo. Logo (By: @grimmie92)
- I'm Pulling the Trigger On This: Giant Bomb Windjammers (By: @peezmachine)
- Which Evil Game Corporation Would You Work For? (By: @jerseyscum)
- Blizzcon 2013 (By: @zirilius)
Aleen634 not only has listed his top ten favorite games on the 360, but has also provided detailed reasons as to why they are his favorites. Mento on the other hand has taken the time to create a comprehensive list of the most notable games featuring "police cops," or whatever slang term you use to refer to your peace officers.
Useful User Reviews
- @wemibelec90's review of Batman: Arkham Origins
- @boss_kowbel's review of Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
- @morecowbell24's review of Gone Home