By ZombiePie 20 Comments
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! The Xbox One is here and the "Next Gen," is officially this gen. That's not the only thing notable about this week, as the Giant Bomb Game of the Generation voting has ended with Mass Effect2 being the victor! Regardless of how you may feel about the result let's give @mracoon a round of applause for setting up and managing the whole event on his own prerogative. If you want some more context about the image above, check out Ben Kuchera's Vine recording of the actual reading of Ryan's Tweet. With that I would like to remind you that Giant Bomb is a website about video games.
Clip(s) of the Week
@lackingsaint returns with another Animated Bombcast video, with this episode bringing new life to Jeff's Oculus Rift. @turboman also graces us this week with a "Best of..." clip compiling the best moments from Giant Bomb's PS4 live stream.
- Xbox One Gamertag Exchange Thread - Grow Your Xbox One Friends List By Posting your Gamertag Here!
- Giant Bomb Forza Race Night - Set for Thursdays, 9:30 PM ET - Race with Other User Over Here!
- Spelunky PSN Daily Challenge Friends - Join the Friendly Competition Over Here!
- Characters of the Generation! Now Accepting Nominations! - Join the Follow Up to the Giant Bomb Community Game of the Generation Event Here!
Hey the Xbox One came out this week. If you like cars check out our wiki page for Forza 5. If Killer Instinct is intriguing you check out our wiki page for the game to learn about the different tiers of the game. Also, support zombie genocide by checking out our wiki page for Dead Rising 3.
Best of Blogs
GoranP has gone down the game development rabbit hole and shares his experiences on his latest blog. TruthTella provides a breakdown of the Xbox One launch event as well as its insanity. Gamer_152 explains why little changes to console architecture can translate to a lot more than you would anticipate. CharlesAlanRatliff and GERALTITUDE both bought PS4s at launch and detail their thoughts and launch woe experiences. Video_Game_King is here this week with summaries of his impressions and adventures with Planet Laika and Illusion of Gaia. DarthOrange detailed the games of the last generation he was most fond of, whereas SeconPersonShooter looks back at 2013 and the games he thinks are better than Brothers. Cybexx talks about a presentation by Crytek related to Ryse, and how it made him respect the game at least from a technical perspective. Have you ever heard of the Senran Kagura franchise? If not then check out Apathylad's brief synopsis about Senran Kagura Burst for the 3DS. Endrdoug finally got around to playing Element4l, but pontificates on why he liked everything about it, except for the actual "game" part. Mento continues to blast through his Humble Bundle backlog; MooseyMcMan gives you a snapshot of his adventures in Dragon's Dogma; and finally JasonR86 gives you a day ten update on his time with Rocksmith and how it has improved his guitar playing skills.
- I Helped Make 2 Games, Here are My Experiences and Tips (By: @goranp)
- Becoming One: The Xbox One Launch (By: @truthtellah)
- Trying out Jeff's Favorite JRPG - Phantasy Star II (By: @pabba)
- Nuts and Bolts (By: @gamer_152)
- The Rise and Fall of Quintet. And Tarot, Apparently (By: @video_game_king)
- The Definitive Game of Generation 7 List (By: @darthorange)
- My Top Ten Games of 2013 That are Better Than Brothers (By: @secondpersonshooter)
- Ryse Siggraph Vancouver Presentation Synopsis (By: @cybexx)
- PS4 Day One! (Set Up Woes, Dat Controller, Resogun, Warframe) (By: @geraltitude)
- Burst Impressions (By: @apathylad)
- Thoughts on Element4l (By: @endrdoug)
- PlayStation 4 Acquired: Setting it Up for the Very First Time (By: @charlesalanratliff)
- Bundle Boggle: Groupees' Be Mine X (Part 2) (By: @mento)
- Dragons, Dogmas, and a PS4 (By: @mooseymcman)
- 60 Days of Rocksmith: 10 Days In! (By: @jasonr86)
As mentioned LackingSaint has created a new and wonderful edition to his Giant Bomb Animated series, and you can provide your input about his video on his thread. Also previously hinted was Ryan's "guest" appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Read more about the revelatory event on the thread. You can also join in on discussions about the strongest gun in video game history and which is the best hot sauce.
- GiantBomb Animated: Oculus Rift in the Bedroom (By: @lackingsaint)
- Did Kimmel Just Read One of Ryan Davis' Tweets? (By: @jd)
- The Most Powerful Gun in Gaming to Date? (By: @seppli)
- Giant Bomb's Favorite Hot Sauce (Poll) (By: @mb)
Inspired by Hailinel's effort to crown a "Character of the Generation," Mento has decided to create a list of his personal favorite characters from this generation. Sparky_Buzzsaw on the other hand points out that there was plenty to be disappointed about with the 360, PS3, and Wii era of games on his list of disappointments.
- Sparky's Biggest Disappointments of the 360/PS3/Wii Era (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)
- Characters of the Generation (That Aren't Called James) (By: @mento)
Useful User Reviews
- @sackmanjones's review of Killzone: Shadow Fall
- @yukoasho's review of Killzone: Shadow Fall
- @machofantastico's review of WWE 2K14
- @morecowbell24's review of Resogun
- @gamer_152's review of The Stanley Parable