By ZombiePie 16 Comments
- Giant Bomb PS3 Persona 4 Arena Tournament #2 - Set for September 15-16 - Sign Up Here!
- Giant Bomb Plug.DJ Group - Show Off Your DJing Skills to Other Users By Heading Over to Here!
We are on the cusp of the big releases with this week and hopefully the return of sizable wiki entries. That said the wiki page for The Last Story is no slouch with its comprehensive detail. Also for those of you who joined in on the TNT for this week check out the wiki pages for both DJ Hero games to see if you think the games are for you. Finally with the release of Rich Gallup's Fart Cat we see a new and much welcomed entry for the scatological humor concept page.
Best of BlogsThis week was busy with all sorts of blogging fun. Alaska_Gamer, buckybit, and Hailinel blogged about everything they saw and experienced at PAX Prime this year. Marino gives you all of the juicy community stats for the month of August. Video_Game_King rocked it like it was 2004 for his latest blog whereas ArbitraryWater also went old school by playing Icewind Dale 2. Metal_Gear_Sunny lamented the end of Summer with Rock Band Blitz while MajorMitch looks back at retiring his DS in light of more games coming out for the 3DS. User ztiworoh detailed why Sleep No More is worth your time and Xpgamer7 explains his fascination and first impressions of the Oculus. Dourin and jakob187 break down the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of Guild wars 2 and why they really like the game. CharlesAlanRatliff chronicles his foray into The Smithsonian's Art of Video Game exhibit and similarly user Gold_Skulltulla talks about his time playing games during the Soundplay game jam. User eccentrix continues to try and tackle his Steam game backlog whereas Jan continues to impress the community with his 3D modelling skills with a 3D model of the 3DS. Mikey2D starts off a blog series about his attempt to complete Yakuza Dead Souls while crithon explains why his attempt to get the trophies in metal Gear Solid 4 ruined his nostalgia for the game. On the note of Metal Gear Solid user Mento lists off his favorite Konami projects that have nothing to do with anything Metal Gear. Finally user MMMman discusses how our video game backlogs hurt us more than we may think.
- Recap: Soundplay Game Jam (By: Gold_Skulltulla)
- A Return to Darklands (By: ahoodedfigure)
- Late to the Game: Yakuza Dead Souls: Part 1 (By: Mikey2D)
- [insert title] PAX Prime 2012 Edition (By: Alaska_Gamer)
- By the Numbers: Data Dump - August 2012 (By: Marino)
- 3DS XL - 3D Model (By: Jan)
- Flashback Mania Got Me Out Being in Denial (By: crithon)
- This Blog is Sponsored in Part By the Year 2004 (By: Video_Game_King)
- The Long Goodbye (By: MajorMitch)
- Konami, Mon Ami (By: Mento)
- Dead Games: Leaving Games Behind Undermines the Future (By: MMMman)
- Through the Lens of the Oculus (By: Xpgamer7)
- The Art of Video Games: The Guestbook (By: CharlesAlanRatliff)
- Confessions of a Steam Addict 6: Or, How I Learned To Stop Trying (By: eccentrix)
- PAX Prime 2012: Day One (Also Check Out: Days 2 & 3) (By: Hailinel)
- Guild Wars 2: The Good, The Bad, and The Asurable (By: Dourin)
- How Guild Wars 2 Excels Where Other MMOs Fail (By: jakob187)
- MacBeth + Hitchcock + Bioshock = Sleep No More (By: ztiworoh)
- Blog: Rock Band Blitz, "Vacationing" in NY, and Gaming Withdraws (By: Metal_Gear_Sunny)
- PAX Brad Muir, Bastion & SKILLZ best HipHop Game U Never Heard Of (By: buckybit)
- I Play Old Games That You Would Expect Me to Play (Icewind Dale 2) (By: ArbitraryWater)
We have a couple of examples of user creativity to showcase this week. User brandonleedy has imagine if Giant Bomb was an Atari 2600 with his fan made 2600 boxart. User mooncake plays around with the idea of a minimalistic Giant Bomb logo. Finally user AssInAss has captured an animated .gif of our very own Bradshoemaker that I hope to see used (appropriately) on the forums from now on.
- Giant Bomb Logo Redesign (By: mooncake)
- Giant Bomb for the Atari 2600?! (By: brandonleedy)
- Brad Shoemaker Visually Approves (By: AssInAss)
Whats that?! Are you surprised to see a guide showcase on the Spotlight? Well you should be happy to know that user Catalyst has created a helpful guide of all the successful Character Class combbinations he has tried in Guild Wars 2. In you have any other class combinations feel free to help him out with a yelp on the guide.
Hunter502 goes with a comprehensive list of video game bad-ass characters whereas Seijur0 annotates the best mustaches. They truely are one in the same when you think about it. Also jas0n shares you his personal list of the games that made his childhood.
- Bad Motherfuckers (By: Hunter502)
- Childhood Favorites (By: jas0n)
- My Favorite Video Game Mustaches (By: Seijur0)