Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LawBreakers

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 07, 2017

A class-based, sci-fi arena shooter in a world where gravity has become distorted and the Law is waging a war on those who would break it. It was later discontinued on September 14, 2018.

Cliff Bleszinski's New Shooter Is Codenamed BlueStreak

• 107 results
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So according to this article, I don't know who Cliffy B is, but I know that he retired?

The article pretty clearly states who Cliffy B is.

Also we're getting a new UT and Clifford Bleszinski is focusing on a new F2P shooter. Let's hope that both of these turn out well and turn out profitable.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#52  Edited By Eder

Question is...what engine is he gonna use?

SlaveOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By SlaveOne

Way to make sure i will never play your game Cliff:(

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@video_game_king said:

So according to this article, I don't know who Cliffy B is, but I know that he retired?

I was talking about the header'd questions.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Was hoping Cliff would try something different. Making an FPS free was not the kind of different I was hoping for.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

@video_game_king said:

I was talking about the header'd questions.

Seems like a fairly silly thing to point out. Or, if you wanted to point it out, you could have clarified what you were talking about.

Anyway, it seems like a conversation could, in fact, go that way, which is what Patrick seemed to be trying to emulate.

Dude A: "Cliffy B's making a new shooter"
    Dude B: "Who?"
    Dude A: "That guy who worked for Epic and made Gears of War and Unreal Tournament"
    Dude B: *memory is jogged* "Oh, that guy, I thought he retired"

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well, looks like I can stop being interesting in what Cliffy B is working on just because he's Cliffy B.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh man a new arena based sci fi shooter from Cliffy B! A true innovator!

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

he said on the Joe Rogan podcast last time he was on, that he was looking forward to going back to his roots and true gaming passion, fps (way before the new unreal was revealed) and also praised LoL and stated f2p was the future. I really like the guy, looking forward to whatever this might be. I was a big fan of UT.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Seems like a fairly silly thing to point out. Or, if you wanted to point it out, you could have clarified what you were talking about.

It was a joke.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun fact, the question and answer format of this article has been used for informative litarary works in philosophy possibly longer than straight, lecturing prose.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@taku128 said:

Gears of War sucks, stole all its mechanics from better games and Cliffy B is an egotistical asshole. I don't know why anyone gives a shit about anything he does.

Which game did it steal wall bouncing from?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By 71Ranchero

@believer258 said:

It was a joke.

This is the internet asshole. We got no place for jokes. Also put on a god damn fedora or something, CHRIST.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, at least Cliff won't need to worry about used games stealing food from his mouth anymore, as he tweets about his two Ferraris.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Im just gonna say that im not a fan of the format of this article. It feels like its just going all over the place and the majority of it is not about Boss Key or Blue Streak and feels like it didn't really need to be talked about. And some of the stuff was kinda mentioned more then once and could have probably been expanded on a little the first time it was talked about so it didn't need its own little section.

I kinda wish Cliff was working on something other then a shooter, since there are just so many and there all kinda bland, but ill give the guy in charge of one of the more enjoyable third person shooters in a while the benefit of the doubt.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"From the people who brought you MapleStory and Gears of War, comes...."

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The FPS genre can often lack innovation so I am looking forward to Cliff Bleszinski's follow up to Active Reload.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Cliff Bleszinski; the most dudebro guy in the video game industry. Whether you see that as an insult or a compliment is up to yourself to decide.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read that quick and thought it said Condemned: Blue Streak and got real excited for a second.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

I'LL RIP YOUR LIPS OFF AND KISS MY ASS WITH THEM SHITS

I'LL RIP YOUR TONGUE OUT AND LICK MY BALLS WITH 'EM

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This project couldn't sound any less interesting to me. Unless, of course, they manage to get Martin Lawrence's likeness, then I'm totally on board.

Man, I kinda wished that it was going to have a single player campaign where you play as a security guard who happens to stumble on some shady shit.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what about articles with more then one answer?

We have that too. @patrickklepek

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By Evilsbane

@joshwent said:

This is a really weird structure for a news article. Like Patrick kept interrupting himself while he was trying to write.

Just trying some stuff out. I really like the approach Vox has taken with some of its stories -- finding a way to communicate everything really early, and then trying to contextualize extraneous information using headers that prepare the reader for the information that's ahead.

I have to say

"Isn't It Weird He's Making a F2P Shooter While Epic Revives Unreal Tournament as a "Free" Shooter?

Yes."

Made me laugh. It's as if the bold writing is someone who is extremely informed on a situation and must know if their information is accurate.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

It was a joke.

It's not really a funny one. Or my sense of humor is too base to understand your transcended comedy.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason when I put Cliff Bleszinksi and Free 2 Play in my head the only thing that comes out is Huxley.

http://www.giantbomb.com/huxley-the-dystopia/3030-21488/

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a MOBA is my favourite genre.

After this one I stopped reading the comments and went and pre-ordered the game. You just can't get any more right than that.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By forteexe21

Will this come out before Fortnite?

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

so it'll be rated E for Everyone, then

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By abendlaender

This is pretty weird format for a relatively uninteresting story. Not sure I'm a huge fan of it, since 90% of it is stuff I already know. I get that not everybody has this vast knowledge of super important stuff like I do but I hope Patrick improves on this a bit, cause this feels like the articel version of the Skyward Sword tutorial. I already know how to jump Nintendo!

mattpannella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mattpannella

@joshwent said:

This is a really weird structure for a news article. Like Patrick kept interrupting himself while he was trying to write.

Just trying some stuff out. I really like the approach Vox has taken with some of its stories -- finding a way to communicate everything really early, and then trying to contextualize extraneous information using headers that prepare the reader for the information that's ahead.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

Apropos of nothing: When I see giant blocks of text on a linked article, I often read the first two sentences and then click the back button

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

Yet if that same article has a bunch of subheads and is organized so I can skim quickly, get the gist, and start over, I usually read it all

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

So, either I'm dumb or, I suspect, that's probably true of a lot of other people too.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

Not the best example but the only one I can recall doing, here's a news article with easily skimmable subheads: [url]http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/173813/Newcomer_hopes_to_disrupt_the_console_market_with_an_open_Android_box.php[/url]

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

If I ever got into video game news again I think I'd probably do a whole lot of that. Factual news story = facts in list form.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

I think the aim of a news article on the internet should be to beam facts into brains as instantly as possible, and that's one way to do it.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

And it's a nice evolution of "reverse pyramid" style in newspapers, where readers opt in to read past the first couple paragraphs for detail

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

Anyway the point is I think I'm pretty smart.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

.@RJTZ right. And note how GAF threads usually bold the important parts of the story for easy skimming. Same concept as lots of subheads.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

I honestly think the world would be better informed if news sites admitted that readers skim now and take advantage instead of fighting it.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

Otherwise those skim-readers' opinions are based just on reading a headline. Anyone who runs a site can tell you how common this is.

@frankcifaldi · Jun 25

Ever notice how Buzzfeed gets a lot of traffic? Maybe it's time to examine their layouts instead of assuming the world is stupid.

‏@frankcifaldi

Oh, right, I kind of forgot that Vox is doing exactly what I'm talking about. So uh, good job guys. [url]http://www.vox.com/2014/6/25/5841722/surprise-the-supreme-court-does-know-a-lot-about-mobile-phones

doctorpayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By doctorpayne

I really dislike this style of writing on Vox, and I really dislike it here. The fake, pseudo-conversational format just comes across as stilted and awkward. The Vox format is what it is because it's aimed at people who only occasionally follow the news - an explainer on Hassan Rouhani or ISIS or what have you is needed for those people - but does it make sense to follow that style for the kind of person that reads Giant Bomb? I guess you'd know your demographic better than me, but I'm assuming the majority of people here know who Cliff is, what he;'s been doing etc.

Avatar image for sasquatchdoobie
    sasquatchdoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickklepek: I really liked the article format. It might not work for every story, but I think it did for this one.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@paulunga said:

Is that an actual FAQ or do you think your audience is that stupid?

Surely you can come up with criticism more constructive than this.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hailinel said:

@paulunga said:

Is that an actual FAQ or do you think your audience is that stupid?

Surely you can come up with criticism more constructive than this.

I could, yes, but I think it got my point across pretty well as is. This imaginary discussion he's having is ridiculous.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@patrickklepek said:

@joshwent said:

I don't mean to be a dick, but I (as someone who grades scientific papers) think you went waaay overboard and it's unpleasant to the eyes. You capitalize every word in bolded subheaders (why?) and using a header for 2-3 lines of text is unnecessary (unless it's an Q&A transscript).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Gears of War wasn't anything particularly interesting in my opinion, though I understand it's influence on the third person shooter genre. I'm also not a fan of the F2P genre as more often than not it's done poorly and becomes pay to win. So, we'll see how this turns outs - but right now I'll proceed with caution.

billyok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By billyok

Patrick, it might be the web designer in me thinking too much about web design, but I wonder if this format would work better with some tweaking to the CSS? Though obviously different up close, the headers and body text kinda run together at a glance, which causes those headers to slightly sneak up on you and break up the flow in a way you're not expecting if you're quickly running down an article. Vox's site makes a greater separation (both stylistically and spatially) between light body text and bold subheader text, which makes the format less jarring (and more pleasant) to process.

Something to think about and maybe pass along? I think there's a place for this kind of format -- maybe on topics more opaque than this (I keep hearing about this "DOTA?"), but it has merit.

Keep on experimenting, fellow Chicagoan. Someone needs to keep these coastal bastards on their toes.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Free you play you say, here is to me not caring.

iamStilbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cliff Bleszinski is back?!!!!!

Loading Video...

Allison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattpannella: Frank Cifaldi has been putting the game industry on blast lately and I love it. Dude has a lot of perspective that I really hope other people can take the time to try and see things from.

Either way. This announcement from Cliff B sounds really "off" but I'll hold judgement until further news comes out I suppose. Only fair.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I really REALLY want SOMEONE to make a new arena shooter that is good, but Nexon and F2P immediately make me super apprehensive of this one.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am glad that hes back making games, but a multiplayer shooter is the least interesting thing he could of done. But then again if thats what he wants to make more power to him.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickklepek: I like it. I think the idea behind it is solid, but it could perhaps use work? Reading it is slightly jarring, but it's effective.

Also Cliff Bleszinski is a rude dude with a bit of an ego problem, but I still hope the game is good. It's not like he's a sole person working on it. Here's to hoping it works out for them. If they're willing to bring creativity to the industry, I'm all for it.

GoGreenRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Moba thank you cliffy !

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya know, if it turns out to be really bad, at least we can laugh at reviews calling it "BrownStreak".

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

I don't read any of your articles because I find them boring (I find most articles about anything boring) but I thought this was formulated in the right way for me at least. I like how you wrote it.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Corvak

Cliffy is a bit too egotistical for me, and his presence doesn't make me think "good shooters".

Before his sabbatical, he would go off on scathing rants about how horrible PC gaming was despite learning his trade making PC games, and he got straight up angry at the fact that people didn't like the original Xbox One. He just strikes me as yet another arrogant rich guy.

Based on his opinions, we can count on their games including a lot of DRM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.