Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project CARS

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released May 06, 2015

Project CARS (short for Community Assisted Racing Simulator) is a community funded racing simulator developed by Slightly Mad Studios, the developer of the Need for Speed: Shift series.

Project CARS Gets Pushed Back to 2015...

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Seems like Project CARS is becoming a victim of delays, as according to those scamps at Gamespot the game's now going to be out in Q1 2015, not next month as originally planned. While it's kind of nice that they've been open and said it was for competition reasons, it's a smidge disappointing, as Project CARS was looking like one of the games that was going to get me to jump into the current generation. Was anyone else here looking forward to possibly the most Drew and Danny game coming out?

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I feel for the Playstation racers. I'll bet Ubisoft is thrilled, though. They'll probably sell a bunch of PS4 copies of The Crew now.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Smart move on their part. Forza Horizon 2 and Driveclub (despite how disappointing it may be) alone would have probably eaten into a nice chunk of their sales. Then there's also The Crew. It would've come out after Project CARS, but it's got that Ubisoft marketing budget behind it and Ubisoft knows how to fucking market some games.

On top of all that, there's a handful of other preeeeeeeetty big games coming out so I'd be surprised if most people even knew Project CARS existed this holiday season. So, again, smart move.

I can't say I was really looking forward to it myself, but it does look interesting.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I read a preview of the game in Gamesmaster magazine that said the console versions looked a bit dodgy in comparison to the PC version. Wonder if this has anything to do with that.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@babychoochoo: Objectively, it's a very smart move, especially after GTA 5 got scheduled to come out at pretty much the exact same time. Now they drop in to a nice, calm area where they can be the main focus for racing fans.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Bollard
    gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Yeah, probably a smart move, but god damnit: when are we going to get a good sim racer on the PS4? I'm going nuts over here!

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What competition? On PS4 we have a broken racer that isn't very good. (I'm getting the game on PC but still).

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. 2015 is either gonna be the greatest gaming year I've ever experienced or the most disappointing one if all these pushed back games don't turn out to be decent. Since DriveClub apparently wasn't very good, I really want this game to be great. Hopefully the extra time helps them out.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darn. That was my most anticipated game this year. Oh well. It makes sense. Out of all the games that are due out in November, this was definitely one of the least-known. I've never even seen an ad for it.

On the bright side, there's one less game for me to buy in the coming weeks. Hopefully they can nail down a release date that puts them in a more comfortable place. I'm itching for a good PS4 racer. The Crew isn't going to be it. We don't have anything (I say that as someone who enjoys Driveclub. That shit's broken).

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that sucks, but at least the Assetto Corsa 1.0 RC is out, that's more than enough racing game to last me to 2015.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard

@thatonedudenick said:

Darn. That was my most anticipated game this year. Oh well. It makes sense. Out of all the games that are due out in November, this was definitely one of the least-known. I've never even seen an ad for it.

On the bright side, there's one less game for me to buy in the coming weeks. Hopefully they can nail down a release date that puts them in a more comfortable place. I'm itching for a good PS4 racer. The Crew isn't going to be it. We don't have anything (I say that as someone who enjoys Driveclub. That shit's broken).

20th March.

Also I agree about The Crew.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, bugger. It really is a dry spell for racers.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By IroN1c

Well, since some of you guys here are WMD members (myself included) you probably knew that they were going to delay it already - that game isn't anywhere near to being finished just yet.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MannyMAR

I know I can't really complain since I help fund it and have access to the game. Yet, I appreciate the honesty that they didn't want to get their game drowned out by the noise other racers are making this fall, and are tightening up the overall experience for those who are looking forward to playing it.

HolocaustWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HolocaustWolf

Disappointing, but after sinking about 100 hours into Forza Horizon 2 since release this would have been a game I would wait to buy anyway.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shindig

"Hey, Project Cars is out. What are you doing?"

"Playing The Witcher III and Bloodborne."

Namco Band'oh!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.