Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project CARS

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released May 06, 2015

Project CARS (short for Community Assisted Racing Simulator) is a community funded racing simulator developed by Slightly Mad Studios, the developer of the Need for Speed: Shift series.

Project Cars - PS4 Racing Club

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Just picked this up last night and looking forward to spending some time with it.

Any other duders plan on picking this up on PS4, and interested in getting some online races done?

PSN ID: Refactored

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@refactored: hey Duder, I haven't picked the game up yet, but you should probably try to check the other thread : project-cars-thread-of-speed

There might be some people there who could be interested.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo: Yeah, chatting away in there but it is a good mix of PS4\PC\XBox so thought a separate thread might help herd some of us together.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By burgavo

@refactored: Fair enough, I just thought you could use some extra exposure since this thread wasn't really moving since you put it up.

Anyway feel free to ad me, not sure if I'll be online before friday evening, although I did just find a pretty reasonably priced version of the game and will probably pick it up after dinner tonight.

Mention something about GB in your message so I know you came from here and I won't ignore your request or accidentally throw it out.

PSN: burgavo

TimeZone: GMT+1

cheers and hope to see you on the track

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo: I'm Euro as well so will probably be about at a decent time.

You make a valid point, compared to the Destiny forums, Project CARS is a little quiet ;)

skip124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

feel free to add me aswell, not that great at it without assists but ill sure have fun trying:

PSN: skippy124 just mention GB

(GMT mostly evenings)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am in as soon as I can get the game.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

How is the online on PS4?

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight: It works once you get into a session. The information on the existing public sessions can be a bit hit and miss for my liking. But once you are in a race, you can race!

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Refactored, I'm considering getting it so add me and maybe I can watch you play on a stream or share play sometime? I just need to be sure before I do. I haven't gotten a racing game in a long time. PSN ID is SameOldSoup

Later Duder.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thread necro initiate.

Just picked up the game on PS4, looking to play with duders. BorklundSE is the name, racing is my game.

CaptainSane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picking up this game today, my PSN name is CaptainSane, anybody who wants to can add me

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Quick derail/off topic. But any of you guys who have played this. How newbie friendly can you make it? I'm an extremely casual racer who always preferred Burnout and Flatout over anything else, but I'm kind of looking for something a little more sim-like and pretty to cruise around in. I just don't want to jump in and immediately feel like the physics are flying right over my head, a gradual learning curve would be nice.

Oh and how is the offline/singleplayer stuff. Any progression or minor carrot on the stick going on? I do better without stuff like that in most genres, but I think I need a little extra to try and get better here.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@tobbrobb: You can turn on full assists (traction control/ABS, the stuff you'd expect - they used to have auto brake/steer but that might have been removed) and it does make the handling a lot more manageable. But it varies a lot from car to car. Some vehicles you will struggle in even with all the assists on.

Thankfully, the singleplayer has a lot of options in the way you play it (you can jump in at any discipline level and work your way up, or just pick a class of cars you want to race) so if you follow the natural progression (starting with kart racing) it will introduce you gently to the more powerful cars. Karts are a little odd, so you could always jump up to the Clio's if you found them too twitchy with a pad. Basically you do a season (calendar year) with a team, and depending on your performance you get offered different contracts for the next season, either in the same class or the next one up. Also the game has a difficulty slider from 0-100, but again I find the sweet spot for this depends on the car you are driving and the race duration.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@bollard: So it has a lot of customizability for me to find my own sweet spot. Sounds good, I'm not averse to experimenting or a bit of trial and error. Hopefully the assists are enough to keep me on the road until I get used to driving. :P

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@tobbrobb: Using a pad can be tricky, but with the assists on it's totally doable and the sense of achievement you get for being competitive in a race kept me entertained for a long time before the game came out, even when I couldn't actually win.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.