Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project CARS

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released May 06, 2015

Project CARS (short for Community Assisted Racing Simulator) is a community funded racing simulator developed by Slightly Mad Studios, the developer of the Need for Speed: Shift series.

Project Cars Thread of Speed

• 105 results
    burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By burgavo

@refactored: I turned the driving line off almost immediately, haven't been racing that much on tracks I didn't allready know though, I kind of found it annoying that you couldn't toggel it to say only braking zones and turns, like you can in the codemasters F1 games, I'm color blind so it can be hard at times to discern between the different states of the line.

If I'm having trouble with a track I'll try to follow some of the AI cars around the track to see where their braking points are and what kind of speed/line they have through the corners. Plus I kind of find the racing line to be distracting and it deters you from trying other lines.

To be fair I haven't really done any competative laps in the lotus-98 yet, I'm still way too cautious on the accelerator coming out of slow corners in that thing

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@burgavo: I tend to like the driving line on just as a "Oh that makes sense" style guide. The "red\braking" sections have just been terrible though.

Yeah, full throttle out of a corner in the lotus-98 can lead to some very "fun" moments.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By shivermetimbers

As a racing game newbie, I'm finding this game to be very enjoyable. I started out on novice, but plan to turn the assists off over time. Playing with a controller.

The menus suck, tho. That's about all I can muster for the negatives besides nit-picky things. It has lots of options, tho, which I like.

tho=though, for your information. :P

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm at a point in life where I can't function without a driving line. Games have just trained me back that way. I wish there was a one just for corners only. I quite liked the one in Formula One Championship Edition which marked 3 points on the circuit: Brake, Apex, Accelerate. Didn't go into much more detail than that so it was about figuring how hard you should brake before aiming for the apex and then flooring it.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By LisaTiffany

Has anyone else had any problems with the pit-stops not fixing the cars cosmetic damage? I was about 1hr in to a 2hr Le Mans race when a car ahead spun out and I smashed into him doing almost 200mph, the car rolled and I lost all of my lights and the cockpit even got smashed up. I had to do the final 1hr in almost pitch darkness. Maybe a glitch?

No Caption Provided

Batman let me borrow his Tumbler.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.