Project Spark: The official game clones thread.

#1 Edited by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

Let's see what this thing can really do. Post any identifiable Project Spark clones in here. I guess it doesn't matter whether it clones the art-style/look or the gameplay.

Rules: Post at least a pic or reference in the video and the name of the game it clones. Reference pics would be great. Feel free to comment or post ideas.

Here are the two community montage trailers I could find and I'll get it start it with what I could identify.

Angry Birds.

Spark Angry Brids.

Spotted here.

Limbo:

Project Spark Limbo:

Spotted here.

Space Invaders:

Project Spark Invaders:

Spotted here.

Geometry Wars

Spark Geometry Wars:

Spotter here.

#2 Posted by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

I had no idea this game was one of those "create-a-game" deals. I just thought it was a terraforming platformer. This is now on my radar.

#3 Edited by BigJeffrey (5175 posts) -

Some dude made a devil may cry style game, forgot where i saw it.

#4 Edited by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

Some dude made a devil may cry style game, forgot where i saw it.

You mean this from the Gamescom jam video? Yeah it looked like he quickly put together some programming to do the sword elements and mid-air projectile juggling.

#5 Edited by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

wait where did that screenshot of limbo come from that has to be pre-release right? i dont remember any of that being in the actual game

#6 Edited by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

@euandewar said:

wait where did that screenshot of limbo come from that has to be pre-release right? i dont remember any of that being in the actual game

That screenshot is the actual game. The PS version is user created and came from the E3 trailer but they also demo-ed it in their Creation Tools stream at 37:50. It's something one of the level designers put together and named it Suspension. They turn on the lights and then go into first person mode and everything.

There's a couple of other ones that look like game clones but I haven't figure out what games they represent.

#7 Posted by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

Bomberman:

Project Spark Bomberman:

Project Spark Lemmings?

Spotted here.

Could also be just tower defense, but either way someone should definitely do it. I loved Lemmings.

#8 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

I don't understand how this has gone under the radar!!!

Just looked at it for the first time today and it looks AMAZING this is now easily the game I'm looking forward to the most.

As for what game I'd like to see made with Spark,

A classic style turn based tactical RPG

something like

Final Fantasy Tactics

or

Vandal hearts

I cannot wait to get my hands on this game, After seeing the insane games people have made using much simpler level editors (Trials Evolution) the possibilities for amazing stuff here are endless.

Not to mention the game is Freemium (Base game free, Everything else micro-transaction) the user base is going to be MASSIVE

#9 Edited by AlexGlass (688 posts) -
@coombs said:

Glad you're excited about it. I am too but the idea of this thread is supposed to be about game clones already seen or made with Project Spark so we can keep track all in one place not so much what we'd like to see. But you could make a thread about that if you want :)

PS: And the reason it went under the radar, is probably because there's no Xbox One games forum on GB. Ahem;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.