Pre-Release Demo available to all purchasers!

#1 Posted by WASDF (111 posts) -

If you haven't already heard, but if you have bought Project Zomboid you can now play a pre-release demo of the game. Email The Indie Stone your receipt and they'll give you your account info then go here http://cloud.projectzomboid.com/ , log in and play.  You can still buy the game for the same price and same benefits and still play the demo. 

The game's looking really amazing.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

What ever happened to  

The Google Debacle 

To fund the development of the game, the developers was forced to open for pre-orders and donations. For this they used Paypal and Google Checkout. As of 25th of April, the Google Checkout option had to be removed, as Google had problems with the donation part. About 80% of all the pre-orders so far had been through Google Checkout. As of 26th of April, the developers have heard nothing about what happens to the money, and the future of the game suddenly got uncertain. A demo planned for the end of April will most likely be pushed because of this.  
*From the wiki page of course*  

Is this like what happened to minecraft where the money in paypal was seized for a wile? 
#3 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

My friend has been ranting on about this game for ages, telling me to pre-order it and whatnot. 

#4 Posted by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -

Has anyone played it? it seems neat, I like the open world aspect and the one hit=death idea. But all I know is what ive read on the wiki. 

#5 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

How on earth do I buy it then? I'm sold but can't find a way to pre-purchase the damned thing.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
How on earth do I buy it then? I'm sold but can't find a way to pre-purchase the damned thing.

The Google Debacle 

To fund the development of the game, the developers was forced to open for pre-orders and donations. For this they used Paypal and Google Checkout. As of 25th of April, the Google Checkout option had to be removed, as Google had problems with the donation part. About 80% of all the pre-orders so far had been through Google Checkout. As of 26th of April, the developers have heard nothing about what happens to the money, and the future of the game suddenly got uncertain. A demo planned for the end of April will most likely be pushed because of this.  

I do not think the OP knew about this. I just found this out reading the GB wiki page. There appears to be no way to get the game at their home page 

Their blog says 

We are not selling the game
#7 Edited by WASDF (111 posts) -

No, you can buy the game. You buy other games that are released but it's only like that so they can abuse a loophole with Google. Google doesn't allow you to sell things that aren't out so they made cheap joke games to sell from $8, $12 and $16 dollars which ALSO "includes" a life time subscription to Project Zomboid.

The games  like Droids and Stand On Top Of The Other Guy or whatever are jokes, their guises for Project Zomboid, buy one (anyone you want) and you get Project Zomboid and the pre-release demo. I have played it, it's fun, it works and you should play it too.

But these "games" here http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/buy-our-games/

#8 Posted by WASDF (111 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@Gizmo said:

The Google Debacle 

I do not think the OP knew about this. I just found this out reading the GB wiki page. There appears to be no way to get the game at their home page 

Their blog says 

We are not selling the game
You missed a giant TECHNICALLY in the title of that post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.