Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project Zomboid

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 20, 2011

Isometric zombie survival, where death is inevitable and all you can hope for is to have a bullet left for your own head.

Project zomboid may be 'finished' not in a good way....

• 57 results
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By time allen

@benjaebe: i agree mostly. it's easier to say "they should have backed it up more" than it is to go back in time.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Cloudenvy

@benjaebe said:

@Toms115:has gone so far to write a blog piece on how it's okay to react negatively towards your fans and paying customers because you're "indie and that's what indie means."

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By jayjonesjunior

@HandsomeDead said:

You paid for a game that wasn't even finished? Why would you do this?

That's what i say everytime somebody preoders a game.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By CandleJakk

I'll just lay my two pence down here:

I played an hour or so of Project Zomboid, but not much more, nor have I been following it's development, and I only recently found out about this via reddit. That, however is irrelevant to what I'm about to say.

I can see where people are coming from in giving Lemmy a shit-tonne of flak and vitriol for not holding an external back up of the data, but how many can honestly say they've not lost an hour or more worth's of work on an essay or similar project - it's easily done when you get stuck into something, and ultimately, human nature and complacency come into great effect when you're confident of your security in a place, which he was. The major problem with the backlash of his actions is that many of the people complaining at, insulting & abusing him is that the majority of them won't have been burgled before - those people have no idea how that knocks you on your fucking arse. I was robbed over the Christmas 2010/11 break. I lost my PS3, 2 360s, Wii & a TV in a house that I was confident would be secure. You know how I reacted? In a similar fucking way. It's a horrible thing to happen, and it does leave you feeling violated to a certain extent. I got angry, upset, lashed out at my friends and then got drunk.

I was told by strangers that it, too, was my fault I was burgled, because "I wasn't there to protect my stuff" and that I was stupid for lashing out at the people closest to me. (I was, no mistake there), but the polarising factor comes from the people who do understand, and will tell you straight faced what you did the night of your discovery. Believe me, you feel like an arse, which I'm pretty sure he does right now. I'd be surprised if he's looking back at reddit/twitter/etc and feeling proud of his actions. No, I'm pretty fucking certain his head's mixed up with wanting to apologise to everyone he pissed off with his drunken rant, but is held back a hefty old does of 'fuck those cunts who ridiculed me for a basic human error'.

Amongst all this, I've seen almost zero people complaining about the crux of the matter: some twats broke into his house, and stole his stuff. It could have happened at any point in development, but no-one seems to give a fuck about the crime that's been comitted, no - he's a cunt for making a mistake, which anyone could have fucking made. You'd likely have had the same reaction were you in his position. And you can't say you wouldn't do, unless you've been there.

People learn from their mistakes - he will learn from his.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Cloudenvy

@CandleJakk: But the problem here is that they're effectively running a business and have other people's money involved.

Are you allowed to be angry and upset? sure, but then just turn off your Twitter account and go dark for a couple of days.

To quote his apology blog, "No one put ‘must have thick skin’ in my game programmer job description." sure, but if you want to represent a company you better be prepared for backlash when things go bad.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By swoxx

Jesus fucking christ. This whole back up thing is unbelievable.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By CandleJakk

@Cloudenvy: I can understand people being upset about a perceived security falw with money involved, but that's been assured as safe. (How true that is, I, like no-one else really knows for now - it's certainly not as bad as Sony).

But my point was, in that situation, you don't think as clearly as "I'll make a brief PSA on the blog & twitter, host and regroup with some clarity" - it's not that simple - in the first instance your whole world comes crashing down around you, and no matter how brief that instance may be - it still affects you for a long time afterwards. I do, however, completely agree that he should have prepared for backlash based on his off the handle reaction; obviously strangers & trolls on the internet won't be as understanding as those close to you, but no-one wants people blaming you for someone else's crime.

Was he stupid? Yes. But in my opinion, understandably so. I merely tried to provide a bit more insight into why he reacted the way he did. It's a shitty situation and he lapsed in judgement, as I think most people would.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.