Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Franchise »

Open world games that focus on giving the players an innumerable amount of options to viciously murder and wreak havoc across New York City. Unfortunately, after the unsatisfactory sales figures of Prototype 2, the franchise was officially canned by Activision.

Prototype: Biohazard Bundle released on Xbox One

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

A bundle of the first two Prototype games showed up on the Xbox One store today without any sort of real announcement. I've found no info on if the games have received any sort of graphical upgrades, or of they're just straight ports of the 360 or PC versions. This could even be a result of the backwards compatibility announcement for all I know.

I've found no info on whether or not this is coming out on other platforms. Generally just no info relating to this release whatsoever. What a weird thing.

PS: The "Biohazard Bundle" name is really confusing.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

whoa this is really.... crazy?

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmmm, it could be that Activision farted it out without any fanfare cause they know it won't do activision (call off duty/ skylanders) numbers and they just send it out to die a silent death (they've done this in the past with stuff they had no faith in, just putting stuff out with no kind of marketing at all). I could also see them justifying not supporting backwards compatibility and nipping that whole thing in the bud by releasing shitty "HD" remake/ports to stave off a spike in used game sales of call of duty games.

Maybe I'm jumping to way too many conclusions here, but I wouldn't put anything past the fine folks at the top of activision.

Also: Yes that subtitle is verry confusing and had me thinking they bundeled all the RE games.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

Saw it as well and thought... I never even heard that was coming to Xbox One. In my surprise I thought about buying it. Then I stopped. I did enjoy the first game a lot and never played the second one.

edit: From the sounds of it it is just a port with little to no work done... for 50 bucks. Noooo thanks.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I know there was achievement and trophy data that was scraped by some of the achievement sites weeks ago so this doesn't come as too much of a shock to me although no press release for it at all is a bit weird.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

I bet you won't see either of these games on the Xbox One backwards compatibility list.

Wankers.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I bought both of these games used a couple years back. I had already played through the first but figured I'd give it another shot, as well as trying out the second for the first time. Never got around to completing either... It's impressive almost for how they both manage to make rampant destruction seem so lifeless and boring.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hatking

I get the impression that I'm in the minority, but I always thought these games were more fun and interesting than the Infamous games, though I wouldn't consider myself a fan of either series. Anyway, this is really weird.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@hatking: They're pretty different experiences. Infamous was a basically a tight third-person shooter with some fun parkour stuff, and Prototype was basically just Hulk Ultimate Destruction with crazy symbiote powers, bazookas, and vehicles. Come to think of it, I thoroughly enjoyed them both for what they were.

If you can get the first Prototype for 10 bucks or less, and feel like running really fast up buildings, divekicking helicopters, hijacking tanks, and using a gross disease sword/fists/claws/whip to wreck shit up, go for it.

But fuck spending 50 bucks on it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: I only mention the comparison because the first games in the series came out very closely to each other and a lot of people made the comparisons then. I think they'll kind of always be related for me because of that. They are thematically pretty similar though. Both examine nobody characters coming into great power and the decisions they make hurting those around them.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

$50? Seriously? Come on...maybe $20 at the most. These games were both just on sale on Steam for $5 each. I know prices of console games are typically higher for this kind of thing, but $50 is silly, remastered or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.