5 Minutes of Mission Gameplay

#1 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

This appears to be a mission early in the game. I have to say, it's looking a lot more polished and fun than it ever has been. I'm a lot more confident that it'll be hitting my disk drive no matter what. I hope it has a demo though.

Oh yeah, the footage.

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

It's looking good.

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Man, I know this is gonna sound really dorky of me...

...but did anyone notice how cool the Internet and desktop looked on that chick's computer?!?!

I say this for a reason:  in most video games, when a computer screen is shown, it's usually a very unrealistic-looking page or program or whatever...and that just drives me insane.  However, that computer screen alone helped bring me more into that world, just because it looked like what a real webpage or real program would look like.

Now, getting to the game...FUCKING A!  Granted, I know I throw a lot of language around on these forums (and IRL), but I hate obligatory cussing in games.

"There's a big fucking monster or something..."

There's no need for that F-bomb.  Now if he had been super scared and he was like "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!  FUCK ME!  AHHHH FUCKKKKK!!!"...
...then I would COMPLETELY understand.

The buildings looked a little bland, but overall, I don't think that'll matter much when I'm running around the rooftops...and flying...and whatever ultimate shit that dood has goin' on for him.  = D

Day

One

Purchase.
#4 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Yeah actually, I found myself staring at the screen the whole time. Shit was very well done.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Yeah actually, I found myself staring at the screen the whole time. Shit was very well done."
Good to know I'm not totally weird.  lol
#6 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Jayge said:
"Yeah actually, I found myself staring at the screen the whole time. Shit was very well done."
Good to know I'm not totally weird.  lol
"
Oh you're weird as hell. You just got lucky and met someone as weird as you :-|
#7 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

That game is going to be full of awesomeness.

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -
Origina1Penguin said:
"That game is going to be full of awesomeness."
Smothered in awesomesauce and seasoned with our special blend of awesome?
#9 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Most definitely.

#10 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

I think I could play that. Evade and fire, but absorb, and I'm just getting started. Pretty cool. It had quick time events, but just when needed... for the kill.

#11 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Doesn't look perfect but it looks like a lot of fun.

#12 Posted by Aggieborn (12 posts) -

YES!

This was a great way to introduce a mission. While I have seen better lip-syncing in current-gen system, it isn't a killer. I enjoyed the variety of ways the AI chose to maneuver him while parkouring, definitely not just a bunch of repeated flips.

Also, I noticed the power-wheel during the "warehouse" fight is very similar to the wheel on the new website. but one of those "locked-out" options is not on the site. So here's looking forward to being surprised by a a new power during gameplay.

Hopefully i won't get spoiled

#13 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

Looking more and more fun.  But I could see this falling on it's face.  Don't think it will, it's just for some reason i am reminded of Dark sector.  Something about the gameplay doesn't mesh right to me.  Looks to easy also.

But lucky for them, it's coming out at a good time.  Not much out or coming out for a while.  

#14 Posted by Snuffy (146 posts) -
SoothsayerGB said:
"Looking more and more fun.  But I could see this falling on it's face.  Don't think it will, it's just for some reason i am reminded of Dark sector.  Something about the gameplay doesn't mesh right to me.  Looks to easy also.But lucky for them, it's coming out at a good time.  Not much out or coming out for a while.   "

They did intend to make you a very powerful person but still have very strong enemies.  It's also one of the beginning missions I'm assuming, and generally those are easy to get you used to gameplay and such.  I'm sure there will be better bosses and enemies later in the game.  I doubt it will fall on it's face.

#15 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

Damn this game can't come out soon enough...

#16 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

still don't see why so many people are excited for this game :/

#17 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

Wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be.  I need to see more footage before I am sold.

#18 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Sweet, that looks awesome. The blades at the end really sold me, even if I have been with this game since the very beginning. It is nice to see some games live up to their hype once in awhile. This will probably be one of those.

#19 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

The gameplay looks really fun, but one key thing bugged me: It was set in New York City.  After playing GTA4, I'm not sure if I want to be running around another iteration of NYC; even if I am a superhero...

#20 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"still don't see why so many people are excited for this game :/"
Dude, you fucking consume people.
#21 Posted by tekmojo (2301 posts) -

Snoozefest.

#22 Posted by Fire_Marshall_Bill (126 posts) -

too much cursing for the sake of cursing.  Geez is it that hard to be creative about writing

#23 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

The gameplay certainly looks fun but I worry for its lasting appeal. It looks like it could get extremely repetitive. Also, the graphics are terrible. Now I know that's no way to judge a game, and I'm sure it'll more than make up for it in scope but... :\

Cautiously optimistic about this one. I'm sure it will be fun, but I'm not sure for how long.

#24 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

It still looks exactly the same as Hulk: UD, but BETTER. And that makes me happy.

#25 Posted by DevilishSix (102 posts) -
Tylea002 said:
"It still looks exactly the same as Hulk: UD, but BETTER. And that makes me happy."

Me to, HUD was a great game and Prototype looks to expand that gameplay.  Day One Purchase.
#26 Posted by IVIorpheus (206 posts) -

Easily a launch-day buy....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.