Aren't the base infiltrations after the ending hard, or is it me?

#1 Posted by Jeust (10655 posts) -

I'm replaying it, and my bigger experience isn't making it easier with the base infiltrations. Are they hard, or haven't I found the right way of doing it? The mobile sensors, the detectors at the strategic points, and helicopters make it almost impossible to make the infiltration without being noticed, and it seems impossible to make them in three minutes like some side-missions require. 

What is your experience with infiltration? 

The game in question is the original Prototype, and not Prototype 2.

#2 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's just you. Granted I didn't play too much after the ending but as I recall the fact that I had pretty much every upgrade at my disposal helped a lot. That depends on your definition of 'without being noticed' though, because doesn't the game work such that you can run up to the detectors and sabotage them before people realise that you're in disguise? Once I figured that out it made infiltration way easier, although it resulted in a lot of running back and forth.

#3 Posted by Jeust (10655 posts) -

@ImHungry: The problem isn't the detectors but the mobile sensors, that come and go, and raise the detection rate really fast.

#4 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

@Jeust: Ah right, those things. Yeah I guess it's been a while since I played it. I recall reaching a point where I tried to brute force it by absorbing the officer and running for the door as fast as possible, so yeah maybe they are hard.

#5 Edited by Jeust (10655 posts) -

@ImHungry said:

@Jeust: Ah right, those things. Yeah I guess it's been a while since I played it. I recall reaching a point where I tried to brute force it by absorbing the officer and running for the door as fast as possible, so yeah maybe they are hard.

I never did that. Maybe I should. ahah

Now I'm playing it on easy +, to see if it makes infiltration more enjoyable.

#6 Posted by EndlessLotus (109 posts) -

It's fairly easy once you get a pattern down that works for you.

Personally, I either kick down the mobile sensors right from the start. If you hit them fast enough, they won't trigger an alarm. Then all you have to do it disarm a sensor or two. By no means should you ever disarm more than half of them, since you can just run back to the clear side if you need to.

Then, just consume the commander, enter the base, and have a blast....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.