Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Ask me Prototype questions here - no spoilers

• 83 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jakob187

Only thing I can honestly ask is this, and the answer would sum up everything I need to know:

Compare the destructive capabilities of Prototype to Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.  Does it stand up against it?

Also...achievements...pretty kick ass stuff?
    DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DECA555
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " Just tell me this, does it give you free blowjobs and pudding?

I'm kidding. Seriously though, is the game worth the money?
    "
    Zero Punctuation FTW
    GamingReligion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By GamingReligion

Here's another one about the city...

I think I recall a preview that said there would be near constant combat between the infected and military. Have you noticed any random fights? And how does the city feel? Alive, or bland?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By Sooperspy

I know i've asked this, but i saw that you posted this nine hours ago and probably got much further into the game, so how good is the framerate and does it lag???????????????????????

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By mike
    @GamingReligion said:
    " Here's another one about the city...I think I recall a preview that said there would be near constant combat between the infected and military. Have you noticed any random fights? And how does the city feel? Alive, or bland? "
    I have noticed fights between The Infected and the military...I wouldn't go so far as to say it was "constant combat", though. At least not 3 hours into the game.

@Redbullet685
    said:
    " I know i've asked this, but i saw that you posted this nine hours ago and probably got much further into the game, so how good is the framerate and does it lag??????????????????????? "
    The only framerate problem I have noticed so far was when I blew up a helicopter that took up the entire screen. There was some slowdown when the engine was drawing the explosion, but it quickly returned to normal. During gameplay the framerate is pretty stable.

I haven't played much more since this morning, I'm going to be playing tonight though.

@jakob187
    said:
    " Only thing I can honestly ask is this, and the answer would sum up everything I need to know:

Compare the destructive capabilities of Prototype to Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.  Does it stand up against it?

Also...achievements...pretty kick ass stuff?
    "
    I haven't looked at the achievements, but I've only gotten 3 or 4 or so during as many hours of gameplay. I don't really care about achievements. As far as your second question, I'm not sure what you mean by "destructive capabilities"...are you talking about the game or the Hulk himself?
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By CenturionCajun

My only real question is do you like Alex as a character? Perhaps one of the biggest complaints I've heard from people about this game is that they think he's a giant douchebag whom they don't think they can get behind playing as for ten hours. I'm just curious if you're sympathizing with his cause and attitude towards the situation.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jakob187
    @MB said:
    "I haven't looked at the achievements, but I've only gotten 3 or 4 or so during as many hours of gameplay. I don't really care about achievements. As far as your second question, I'm not sure what you mean by "destructive capabilities"...are you talking about the game or the Hulk himself? "
    Just the game in general.  I'm curious about just HOW free Alex is to go around and destroy shit.  Freedom is a big deal to me in open world games.

Also, I know that the achievements don't matter to YOU, but are they challenging?  I like challenging achievements.  = D  They add an extra layer to the game for me, and especially when it's an open world game.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mike
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " My only real question is do you like Alex as a character? Perhaps one of the biggest complaints I've heard from people about this game is that they think he's a giant douchebag whom they don't think they can get behind playing as for ten hours. I'm just curious if you're sympathizing with his cause and attitude towards the situation. "
    He's not really a douchebag, more like he's just pissed off. The opening cinematic explains why. I like him so far.

@jakob187
    said:
    "
    @MB said:
    "I haven't looked at the achievements, but I've only gotten 3 or 4 or so during as many hours of gameplay. I don't really care about achievements. As far as your second question, I'm not sure what you mean by "destructive capabilities"...are you talking about the game or the Hulk himself? "
    Just the game in general.  I'm curious about just HOW free Alex is to go around and destroy shit.  Freedom is a big deal to me in open world games.

Also, I know that the achievements don't matter to YOU, but are they challenging?  I like challenging achievements.  = D  They add an extra layer to the game for me, and especially when it's an open world game.
    "
    I really couldn't say anything about the achievements, I haven't even looked at them as I couldn't care less. I'm sure you can find them on the net somewhere.

As far as destroying stuff...the environment isn't that destructible, or maybe I haven't unlocked the right powers to do so yet. Things seem more focused on killing dudes and destroying vehicles than interacting with the environment.
    Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Kraivyne
    @MB said:
    " I really couldn't say anything about the achievements, I haven't even looked at them as I couldn't care less. I'm sure you can find them on the net somewhere.As far as destroying stuff...the environment isn't that destructible, or maybe I haven't unlocked the right powers to do so yet. Things seem more focused on killing dudes and destroying vehicles than interacting with the environment. "
    Just for anyone who has yet to notice, the achievement list is on this page.

Check HERE if you are unsure.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mordukai

This sounds to me like Prototype takes a lot from The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate destruction, which comes as no suprise as the guys who made the latter.

So far this game sounds interesting, what I want to know is how well the platforming the in this game. 
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Mordukai said:
    " This sounds to me like Prototype takes a lot from The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate destruction, which comes as no suprise as the guys who made the latter.

So far this game sounds interesting, what I want to know is how well the platforming the in this game. 
    "
    It doesn't sound that based around platforming.  From what I've read it does have some free running stuff but it boils down to "hold A" and you do that stuff.  It really sounds exactly like the Hulk from navigation aspects, which means you'll most often be running up a building instead of climbing it.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jakob187
    @Kraivyne said:
    "Just for anyone who has yet to notice, the achievement list is on this page.

Check HERE if you are unsure. "
    Dood, Trail of Corpses.  Someone just HAD to one-up Left 4 Dead's Zombie Genocidist, didn't they?
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CenturionCajun

Dead Rising had the original Zombie Genocidist achievement. Since then its become almost mandatory in games of this type.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @jakob187 said:
    "
    @Kraivyne said:
    "Just for anyone who has yet to notice, the achievement list is on this page.

Check HERE if you are unsure. "
    Dood, Trail of Corpses.  Someone just HAD to one-up Left 4 Dead's Zombie Genocidist, didn't they?
    "
    Haha, looks that way.  Left 4 Dead was just one-upping Dead Rising though, right?
    Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Kraivyne

I think the Trail of Corpses achievement will be harder than the L4D and the Dead Rising ones since you don't only fight "infected" in Prototype.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By Ferginator4k

is the world inhabited with anything else apart from military settlements and infected hives?

Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Kraivyne
    @Ferginator4k said:
    " is the world inhabited with anything else apart from military settlements and infected hives? "
    Well, loads of civilians.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Pibo47

Boneing. Is there some boneing.

Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Andborn

@MB

Your achievements suggest you haven't played the game....      vague answers aren't helping your case. Maybe I'm wrong.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mike
    @Andborn said:
    " @MBYour achievements suggest you haven't played the game....      vague answers aren't helping your case. Maybe I'm wrong. "
    Yes...you're wrong. I haven't signed my 360 onto Live since I've had Prototype because whenever I get a game early (which is almost every time I care to) I get pestered with messages about it. I'm lucky enough to have the right connections to get virtually any game quite a bit earlier than the general public. As far back as Halo 3, I had it eight days early. Oh, and yes, I have another gamertag that isn't listed in my profile here and never will be, either.

I just turned my 360 on and signed in to Live. Give it a few minutes to update and then post back here with your findings, Dr. Holmes.
    joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By joshs

Silly of someone to say someone hasn't played a game just because it isn't on their profile..  I rarely connect to Live to update my achievements.

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Eli
    @MB said:
    "
    @trophyhunter said:
    " you probably should have made this thread a few hours from now so you could actually answer questions "
    You probably should read through entire threads before replying. Or better yet, if you don't have anything to add simply stay out of the discussion altogether. "
    Haha, agreed MB. But yeah, I have a question. How do you see the replay value of this game? For instance, GTA IV has a lot imo. It came out over a year ago and I still play it from time to time. Do you see it on that level? And also, is this game anything like Destroy All Humans!? For some reason I always think of that game when I see this one...
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mike
    @Eli: I never played Destroy All Humans and I never even finished GTAIV...I think I'm at 40% still in that game. Hah. Sorry man.

I hear that Prototype has a New Game Plus option, if that is the case then I can definitely see repeating it if I can carry over all of my upgrades to the next difficulty level. If not, once will probably be enough. I don't see this as a game that I could play over and over again, though. We'll see.
    Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Eli
    @MB said:
    " @Eli: I never played Destroy All Humans and I never even finished GTAIV...I think I'm at 40% still in that game. Hah. Sorry man.I hear that Prototype has a New Game Plus option, if that is the case then I can definitely see repeating it if I can carry over all of my upgrades to the next difficulty level. If not, once will probably be enough. I don't see this as a game that I could play over and over again, though. We'll see. "
    Lol it's alright. Thanks though.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By subject2change

Game seems appealing but gonna wait for some reviews to pop up before I bite the bullet. Still have inFAMOUS in my blood and not really looking for a similar clone to that right now.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Can you transform to another being at will? And in the missions that you have done, are there multiple ways of approaching it? Like you can charge into somewhere with your powers a blazin or transform into some dude and sneak into the facility and give 'em a little bit of the surprise butt secks?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c2a5a814e8
    deactivated-5e4c2a5a814e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your doing bad at the mission can you go into the options to restart mission.. or do you have to finish it the mission first  / run out of time etc..

Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Snuffy

Nevermind this post.

Meatloafer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Meatloafer
    @Snuffy: I wasn't even aware there were guns in the game, and imo, when you have cursed super powers, you don't bother with bullets.
    Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Snuffy
    @Meatloafer: Well I just got the game recently and after playing for a little bit at the beginning guns are pretty useful seeing as how your attacks are weak.  It's a lot easier to just shoot a missile at a tank then trying to punch it.  (Well, until you get some powers)
    joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By joshs
    @Death_Unicorn: Yes and Yes. Late with an answer but there you go :P
    hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By hungrynun
    @MB said:
    " Prototype just finished installing. If you have any specific questions about the game, ask here and I will be checking back periodically to answer them.I have the Xbox 360 version...and to answer the "OMG how did you get the game early!?!?!!?!?" questions, I had to kill a bunch of people. Let's hope it was worth it. "
    So after a few days of playing it how does it stand up?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mike
    @hungrynun: Unfortunately I haven't had time to play any games all week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.