Prototype Broken Ass Final Boss

#1 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

Just a warning out there to anyone who wants to play Prototype.

I set the game on normal difficulty  and had loads of fun playing through completing the missions, I even maxed out almost all my abilities and completed alot of the side missions.
However I reached the final boss, having only died 3 times over the course of the entire campaign, I get him down to around a 3rd of his health and the game gives me 1min 45sec to kill him.
I have tried and failed 56 times and counting.

This is utterly fucked up!

other people seem to be able to beat him and they had a harder time getting through the campaign than I did. some people are getting 3 minuites to kill him apparently? 
Anyway I now have a save game locked on the final boss, I cant explore the city without killing him or starting a new game and losing all my progress.
Is there some tactic I'm missing here that I just never had to use through the rest of the game?

Oh and I cant use any attacks on him that require any powering up, he just blocks them all even when he seems to be doing another move...  which seems weird.
#2 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

Use muscle mass and toss helicopters at him. Btw armor form really helps. Keep absorbing soldiers for critical mass. Then use Critical Pain when near. Was pretty easy for me. :D Good luck

#3 Posted by JacobBrodersen (321 posts) -
@zungerman090 said:
" Use muscle mass and toss helicopters at him. Btw armor form really helps. Keep absorbing soldiers for critical mass. Then use Critical Pain when near. Was pretty easy for me. :D Good luck "
As i haven't played Prototype yet, this sentence makes it the most amazing sounding game ever made! :P :D
#4 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

i 4get the name but when ur really low on health do that tentacle thing thats how i finished him off ;)

#5 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

Just use muscle mass and throw those missiles around the ship while constantly running around. Not that hard. This is literally the strategy to use on all bosses of the game.

Trying to actually melee the final boss would be amazingly hard.

#6 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -
@zungerman090 said:
" Use muscle mass and toss helicopters at him. Btw armor form really helps. Keep absorbing soldiers for critical mass. Then use Critical Pain when near. Was pretty easy for me. :D Good luck "
Thanks I didnt have the Critical pain ability but I got him by just throwing missiles and Helicopters at him. Havent really spent alot of time throwing things at enemies as I found it hard to lock on to the thing I wanted to with the targeting system, kept getting soldiers and Choppers etc. 

@hungrynun said:
" Just use muscle mass and throw those missiles around the ship while constantly running around. Not that hard. This is literally the strategy to use on all bosses of the game.Trying to actually melee the final boss would be amazingly hard. "
Yup I was using the cannonball and blade attacks. Frustratingly hard on the final boss but worked fine on other parts of the game. most of my powers were focused on melee attacks.

Thanks for the help that guy was pissing me off :)

#7 Edited by Jason_Miami (89 posts) -

EVERY boss in the game is completely broken. The only way to play that game and still have fun is to play on easy.

@hungrynun said:

" Just use muscle mass and throw those missiles around the ship while constantly running around. Not that hard. This is literally the strategy to use on all bosses of the game.Trying to actually melee the final boss would be amazingly hard. "

That's exactly what I ended up doing with every boss; just getting in a few hits then running around till I healed and so on. I realized your strategy after about the 20th try on the final boss. That made his health drop very fast. It's best to do this to avoid his one-hit-kill-dev-idoicy devastator.
#8 Posted by Dachef (106 posts) -

Just quip armor and muscle mass and charge throw everything that isn't bolted down at him. A couple of devastators never hurt either if you can consume enough fools.

#9 Posted by Weltal (2274 posts) -

Armor + Whip. Mash the power button (Y on 360, dunno about PS3). That's all you need to do. Dodge around a bit but just keep smashing Y and he'll keep getting knocked down after three or four consecutive hits. No need to charge or really do anything else besides dodge around him. Yeah, all the bosses in Prototype are fucking terrible, either because they are so easy to game or way too fucking hard.

#10 Posted by ElectricBoogaloo (353 posts) -

I did it first time once it got down to the time limit. Just kept jumping and holding Y to do the massive arm stretch thingy whilst in the air, with the occasional devastation move. He could never get to me and I did it enough to drain his health down before time ran out; was surprisingly easy.

#11 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

Muscle mass always greater than whip.

Always.

#12 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

I beat the whole game on hard without dying and only consuming 2 pedestrians (accidentally).  It's not hard if you play smart.  Keep your distance.  Use the critical pain devistator and the long range attacks like the claw spike things or better yet, the charged whip Y attack (you can do that one in midair).

#13 Posted by msdss (267 posts) -

I used the whip (triangle) spamming method. As soon as he would start to do the devastater I would double jump away, consume for health if i needed and repeat. Once the timer started I blew my critical pain and continued the whip spam. With a little dodging its pretty easy to do without even getting hit.

#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

It's not broken, it's just boring, awkward and complete shit.

#15 Posted by TheHT (11370 posts) -

Hm, I actually found it quite easy and underwhelming. Fighting Greene was pretty awesome though.

#16 Posted by SketchyBrown (180 posts) -
@hungrynun said:
After about eight or nine tries I finally figured this one out... he was a lot easier than Green was for me
#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" It's not broken, it's just boring, awkward and complete shit. "
amen brother

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.