Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Prototype first impressions

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sunjammer

First of all, kudos to Radical for simply making Hulk: Ultimate Destruction over again. That game was amazing, and this is just more of it, with bells on. That is a standing ovation from me. The kind of destructive freedom this game gives you makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. It's just blindingly over the top. I don't particularly care about the story much, but they're doing a very good job trying to make me care, and it's easily appreciated. Nice and bleak evil government agency conspiracy with a bunch of pink monsters thrown into it. My biggest fear now is that the entire city is going to wind up infected by the disease; those areas are seriously fugly.

Second, it runs surprisingly well on my computer, which has a pretty low-end Quadro graphics card. It runs far better than The Sims 3, which surprised me a lot. It's not super pretty, but it stays dead on at 30fps or higher. More kudos to Radical for an engine that scales so nicely; it seems console->pc ports mostly don't care so much about PCs lower specced than the console they originally ran on (which happens these days).

Third.. Not that Brads review was negative (this is a four star game for sure), but i can't help but wonder if his opinion wasn't colored at least slightly by having been so infatuated with Infamous. In my mind there's only so many open world superpowered-dude-in-a-busted-up-city you can play within such a short time.

I hope Infamous doesn't deter anyone from playing this. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun. It's just an incredibly generous game.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

First of all, kudos to Radical for simply making Hulk: Ultimate Destruction over again. That game was amazing, and this is just more of it, with bells on. That is a standing ovation from me. The kind of destructive freedom this game gives you makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. It's just blindingly over the top. I don't particularly care about the story much, but they're doing a very good job trying to make me care, and it's easily appreciated. Nice and bleak evil government agency conspiracy with a bunch of pink monsters thrown into it. My biggest fear now is that the entire city is going to wind up infected by the disease; those areas are seriously fugly.

Second, it runs surprisingly well on my computer, which has a pretty low-end Quadro graphics card. It runs far better than The Sims 3, which surprised me a lot. It's not super pretty, but it stays dead on at 30fps or higher. More kudos to Radical for an engine that scales so nicely; it seems console->pc ports mostly don't care so much about PCs lower specced than the console they originally ran on (which happens these days).

Third.. Not that Brads review was negative (this is a four star game for sure), but i can't help but wonder if his opinion wasn't colored at least slightly by having been so infatuated with Infamous. In my mind there's only so many open world superpowered-dude-in-a-busted-up-city you can play within such a short time.

I hope Infamous doesn't deter anyone from playing this. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun. It's just an incredibly generous game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.