Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

[PROTOTYPE] on sale next week at Future Shop and Best Buy.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RsistncE

The info I have on this is slim at best, but a Future Shop employee (Canada of course) who is a friend of a friend, informed me that Best Buy is going to be putting Prototype on sale for $30 or $40 next week and Future Shop will be price matching the game, as usual. Now I know Future Shop is owned by Best Buy so this would make sense, but it still sounds a little fishy to me. Then again inFamous is going on sale next week for $30 also and that is still a very new release BUT for all I know the employee may have been mixing the two games up considering he works in Computers, not Movies, Music and Games. I'm taking this information with a grain of salt but I would say it's just as likely to be true...so watch out for it next week, I imagine it will only be on sale for a couple of days like inFamous is going to be.

EDIT: I am assuming this is Canada only, although US residents would be wise to check out their local Best Buy if they're looking to pick up a copy of the game also. If anyone finds out more solid information concerning a Prototype price cut, update everyone in this thread.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By azteris

It isn't listed in their Sunday ad (Best Buy), and this would be something I'm sure they'd want to advertised.

I'm speaking about the U.S.

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kitsune_conundrum

Now that was quick.

Riesezzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Riesezzz

i rented it

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RsistncE

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10100793&catid=23379&logon=&langid=EN

Looks like it did go on sale for $44.99. This is Best Buy Canada by the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.