What do you think of Prototype

• 121 results
#1 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -

I'm really enjoying. What do you guys think of it ?

#2 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

ill tell you either friday, or monday >_>

#3 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor: So it's worth buying then? Excellent! Nice username and avatar by the way man.
#4 Edited by MoonpieMisfit (19 posts) -

I'm digging it so far.  Still working my way through the tutorial missions, so I'm not very far yet.

#5 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" @JustTheDoctor: So it's worth buying then? Excellent! Nice username and avatar by the way man. "
nah, its a rental. not worth $60
#6 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" @JustTheDoctor: So it's worth buying then? Excellent! Nice username and avatar by the way man. "
I really like it i feel i got my money's worth. Ive played InFamous also and i like this way more. The story is way more interesting in my opinion and i like the gameplay more. Just look up Prototype gameplay on youtube and see for yourself.

#7 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
I really like it i feel i got my money's worth. Ive played InFamous also and i like this way more. The story is way more interesting in my opinion and i like the gameplay more. Just look up Prototype gameplay on youtube and see for yourself.Thanks :D "
i played it dude, and there is no way the story is more interesting (they are both pretty...meh story wise- but infamous's story telling, the comic style cut scenes, blow away prototype) and it doesn't have better gameplay. 
#8 Posted by Jeust (10447 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
"
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
I really like it i feel i got my money's worth. Ive played InFamous also and i like this way more. The story is way more interesting in my opinion and i like the gameplay more. Just look up Prototype gameplay on youtube and see for yourself.Thanks :D "
i played it dude, and there is no way the story is more interesting and it doesn't have better gameplay. 
"

You've played prototype?

For how long?

#9 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Jeust: i edited my last post btw.

and yeah i am playing it. this is fun for now, but i'm getting more bored as it goes. 
the worst thing is the way you traverse the city, he jumps across the thing like hulk. wheres the fun in that? theres no gameplay mechanics anywhere, all you do in this game is run up to enemies and button mash. 
#10 Edited by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
"
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
i played it dude, and there is no way the story is more interesting (they are both pretty...meh story wise- but infamous's story telling, the comic style cut scenes, blow away prototype) and it doesn't have better gameplay. 
"
The gameplay and upgrade system is by far better is infamous you can't even tell if it really did anything in prototype i notice my choices when i upgrade my powers. Consuming people is fun as hell.
#11 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Jeust: i edited my last post btw.

and yeah i am playing it. this is fun for now, but i'm getting more bored as it goes. 
the worst thing is the way you traverse the city, he jumps across the thing like hulk. wheres the fun in that? theres no gameplay mechanics anywhere, all you do in this game is run up to enemies and button mash. 
"
I guess I'm just a fan of button mashing lol
#12 Edited by Jeust (10447 posts) -

@TwoOneFive:

Yep... i get that feeling too, but there are people that do like it. :p

I haven't played infamous btw, just saw a friend of mine playing it, but i don't like all that much that 3rd person shooter perspective when you're in combat mode. I like more the way the story is advanced in the prototype by the web of memories, and more the over-the-top action.

But at least graphically wise,  infamous is probably better.

The rest is mostly the opinion of the player.

I've read reviews where they absolutely loved it, others that looked at the game as flawed one. I think that the games connects to each player differently. So i'm at the fence with this one...

#13 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

I'm diggin it. It find it a lot more fun than Infamous. Especially the way you travel in this game :D Love it.  I have literally put every bit of EP into movement skills and nothing in the combat stuff.

#14 Posted by Snuffy (146 posts) -

It's a great game.  I haven't played inFamous seeing as I have no PS3 but it's still pretty good.  I guess I'm a fan of button mashing also.  :D

#15 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

I will say that it's best played in 1.5-2 hour bursts. As with most open world games, it gets a little repetitive. That's to be expected though. That's why I break up missions. I do one mission, then I destroy a military base, then I destroy a strike team. Then back to a mission :)  Makes for some entertaining times.

#16 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@JoshS said:
" I'm diggin it. It find it a lot more fun than Infamous. Especially the way you travel in this game :D Love it.  I have literally put every bit of EP into movement skills and nothing in the combat stuff. "
Same :D.
#17 Edited by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
"
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
"
yeah, his opinion is totally wrong... *sarcasm*
#18 Posted by Crono (2637 posts) -

lol @ "wrong" opinions

#19 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@Crono said:
" lol @ "wrong" opinions "
I know.  I wonder if some of these people are just morons or so blindly opinionated that they just come across as morons.
#20 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
"
@TwoOneFive said:
"
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
"
yeah, his opinion is totally wrong... "
You can't have a wrong opinion.
#21 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Wrong opinions are everywhere in here!

#22 Posted by Kraivyne (75 posts) -

I have played it for about 4 hours so far. It is immense fun. I found that most of the time I end up running around the city trying to get to the highest points and jumping off (you will find a lot of evolution points from doing this).

I have done a few missions so far and I am really enjoying it, you build up your skills gradually and there are tons of skills to unlock. 

If you go on the Activision site you will be able to get a code that allows you to start the game with the body surf ability. ( This is sooo much fun, jump up in the sky and hold X {on the 360} you land on top of any person and grind them on the floor.

It is an over the top game, with over the top gore and fun!

The graphics may not be incredible but if they were any better I am sure the game would not run as smooth as it currently does.

Get this game. 
#23 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
"
@TwoOneFive said:
"
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
"
You can't have a wrong opinion. "
I was being sarcastic.  He was quoting a guy who said "in my opinion" and said he was wrong.
#24 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Kraivyne said:
" I have played it for about 4 hours so far. It is immense fun. I found that most of the time I end up running around the city trying to get to the highest points and jumping off (you will find a lot of evolution points from doing this).

I have done a few missions so far and I am really enjoying it, you build up your skills gradually and there are tons of skills to unlock. 

If you go on the Activision site you will be able to get a code that allows you to start the game with the body surf ability. ( This is sooo much fun, jump up in the sky and hold X {on the 360} you land on top of any person and grind them on the floor.

It is an over the top game, with over the top gore and fun!

The graphics may not be incredible but if they were any better I am sure the game would not run as smooth as it currently does.

Get this game. 
"
Nice mini review lol. I'm going to go check the Activision site for that code. Thanks :D
#25 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
"
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
"
@TwoOneFive said:
"
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@FlamingHobo said:
"
You can't have a wrong opinion. "
I was being sarcastic.  He was quoting a guy who said "in my opinion" and said he was wrong. "
Ah, my bad.
#26 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Jeust: i edited my last post btw.

"
theres other ways to move around first off........

you also dont have to do everything via "Button mashing"
i try to use stealth as much as possible
#27 Posted by Rirobuge (163 posts) -

I'm a few hours into the game and enjoying it very much. The only complaints I have is that well the graphics aren't amazing, but to be honest, they don't need to be imo. The control layout is a bit awkward, for instance, when holding LB to open the radial menu, naturally most people would use the left analog stick to move around the menu, but this uses the right stick which takes getting used to. Other than that and 1 or 2 random enemies glitching on the edge of buildings, it is a very enjoyable game, especially if you are in the mood to kill lots of dudes.

#28 Posted by DarkEnzanArikado (189 posts) -

I enjoy it. I notice the graphics right away aren't as amazing as inFamous but whatever. I don't mind spending the $60 bucks on it. Having a blast right now.

#29 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:
" Ah, my bad. "
np, I forget people can't get my sarcasm here, haha
#30 Posted by Haimster (15 posts) -

The camera can be a bit too tight at times, especially the first board in Times Square. I liken this game to Wheelman. In both cases the graphics were not AAA but the game mechanics rock. Gliding in this game is addictive.

If you like a violent, semi-sandbox experience (Saints Row 2, Deep Space) this game rocks.

#31 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

got Huge Expectations for this, will be getting it tmrw

#32 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -

Lets face it, and be honest... Infamous was over hyped. After 3 days of playing Infamous I'm all burned out and never want to see it again. 5 stars in my book was a oversight.

I've not played Prototype but my hopes aren't good if its just another infamous game. I'm hoping it IS very different.

ps - anyone want my copy of infamous before it goes to the swap shop?

#33 Posted by Eric_Buck (1290 posts) -

From the gameplay that I've seen (I haven't played it yet) inFamous looks a lot better...

#34 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Eric_Buck said:
" From the gameplay that I've seen (I haven't played it yet) inFamous looks a lot better... "
You should check it out.
#35 Posted by Dachef (106 posts) -

It's one of those games that's great most of the time, but can get a bit frustrating at a few points.

#36 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -

I'll honestly say that I love it. Sure it's not the prettiest looking game available, but the sheer size of the environment and the brutal combos, some of them make God of War look like Dora The Explorer =\

#37 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I will be playing this game tomorrow around 4 i think. Thats when my mail comes on saturday, yeeeee gamefly.

#38 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Dachef said:
" It's one of those games that's great most of the time, but can get a bit frustrating at a few points. "
Ya it is. I was getting so pissed off at a couple times in the game like the last boss fight for instance.
#39 Posted by Mootalstrike (187 posts) -

So far I am enjoying it, I am only about 25% through thou...

#40 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I thought it looked very unpolished from all the video I've seen.  However, as the reviews have come in with decent scores and I've been watching more videos focusing on various aspects of the game, I'm a little more interested.
I've heard the consensus is that it's a fun and very in-depth game, but lacks visual polish and is somewhat TOO ambitious with some of its branching movesets.

#41 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

It is great but it misses some stuff that was shown in older trailers. U know that stuff like those tentacles absorbing the body, jumping 50 metres high and all those somersaults and stuff. Graphically it could be better. But  the game rocks, seriously. it IS good, and screw everyone who says the story is bad.

#42 Posted by nethanel (188 posts) -

Camera sucks, controls feel a bit off, especially when trying to climb the tall towers to get the blue orbs at the top. 

On the other hand, the game is violence personified, which is never a bad thing
#43 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

From what I've played (and I've played a lot) it's a pretty fun game...you can definitely tell that these are the same developers who made The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. I love how the game allows you to do a lot of things, like using weapons and certain vehicles, but at the same time it just reminds me of the things I can't do. Overall I am enjoying the game, but I do wish the story was handled a little better.

#44 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@ImperiousRix said:
" I thought it looked very unpolished from all the video I've seen.  However, as the reviews have come in with decent scores and I've been watching more videos focusing on various aspects of the game, I'm a little more interested.I've heard the consensus is that it's a fun and very in-depth game, but lacks visual polish and is somewhat TOO ambitious with some of its branching movesets. "
I don't think you are going to be looking at the buildings etc. When you are getting destroyed by 5 tanks and 3 hunters.
#45 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

It does look fun but I'm waiting for it to be cheaper. I don't like the whole "badass" for the sake of  "badass" vibe it seems to have going on.

#46 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Kush said:
" From what I've played (and I've played a lot) it's a pretty fun game...you can definitely tell that these are the same developers who made The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. I love how the game allows you to do a lot of things, like using weapons and certain vehicles, but at the same time it just reminds me of the things I can't do. Overall I am enjoying the game, but I do wish the story was handled a little better. "
I really like how you can combined powers like using the shield with the claws. The story felt a little anticlimactic but i enjoyed it overall. 
#47 Posted by ElectricBoogaloo (351 posts) -

Played about five missions so far and it's pretty fun; a lot like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, perhaps too much in some areas - the jumping and wallrunning seems to be ripped straight from it. Obviously I can't form a final verdict yet since I've only just started, but InFamous definitely left a better first impression, but there's a long way to go yet. Seems pretty pointless comparing the two anyway, they're completely different games besides from the sandbox nature and the fact they both use powers, albeit very different ones.

#48 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Plays like the hulk game......bah.

#49 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@ElectricBoogaloo said:
" Played about five missions so far and it's pretty fun; a lot like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, perhaps too much in some areas - the jumping and wallrunning seems to be ripped straight from it. Obviously I can't form a final verdict yet since I've only just started, but InFamous definitely left a better first impression, but there's a long way to go yet. Seems pretty pointless comparing the two anyway, they're completely different games besides from the sandbox nature and the fact they both use powers, albeit very different ones. "
Well Cole from infamous has super powers and Alex from prototype has mutant....stuff.
#50 Posted by ElectricBoogaloo (351 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
@ElectricBoogaloo said:
" Played about five missions so far and it's pretty fun; a lot like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, perhaps too much in some areas - the jumping and wallrunning seems to be ripped straight from it. Obviously I can't form a final verdict yet since I've only just started, but InFamous definitely left a better first impression, but there's a long way to go yet. Seems pretty pointless comparing the two anyway, they're completely different games besides from the sandbox nature and the fact they both use powers, albeit very different ones. "
Well Cole from infamous has super powers and Alex from prototype has mutant....stuff. "
Mutant powers then.

But what I mean is that InFamous is based more around shooting with the grenade and rocket style powers whereas Prototype is based more around melee weaponry with some convential weapons thrown in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.