Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 14, 2004

In Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy the player assumes the role of Nick Scryer, an amnesiac with latent psychic abilities. Join Nick as he seeks to uncover the motives behind "The Movement" and recover his forgotten memories.

Will We EVER Get A Sequel?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Let's face it, folks - Psi-Ops was not only ahead of its time, but it was an incredible game.  I remember spending hours upon hours playing the co-op multiplayer with my brother.  I also remember how astonished I was by the physics, which was something that hadn't really been seen in console games at the time. 

With Midway going the direction they've gone and the state of physics engines nowadays (just look at everything from Red Faction Guerrilla to Half-Life 2), isn't it about time that we get a fucking sequel made already?! 

2010, if there were only two things I want to see this year, it's to hear the words "Psi-Ops 2 coming in the 4th quarter" and "Dark Cloud 3 is in development". 

What about you, community?  Are we overdue to find out what happens after that cliffhanger fucking ending?  I'm sure I'll see enough of the usual "I would rather see Episode 3"...but fuck off with that.  This is about Psi-Ops, a game that is SOOOOO underrated and genuinely needs a sequel!

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Snail

I remember Psi-Ops. It was a great game, although it had its limitations it was still built upon an ambitious and admirable formula. A great game indeed. A sequel would be interesting seeing how much game developing technology has evolved since the game was released.

It wasn't a superb game though.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

I'd rather see a sequel to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines announced first before any sequel to Psi-Ops. While the latter game was entertaining and did a number of things that few of its peers at the time were doing or utilising so heavily, I have a hard time remembering the plot to the game being that compelling. However I'd still like to see it make a resurgence somewhere, even if it is just perhaps a remake with improvements using today's technology that refines physics and visuals better than back when Psi-Ops originally came out.

It managed to do the whole 'Force Lift' ability better than an actual Star Wars game could for crying out loud.

RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RiddleBrother

Yeah, that game was awesome. What a great example of "emergent gameplay".  Along the same lines, I'd love to see a sequel to Freedom Fighters announced.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

I wish.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

You are lucky, jakob, because I am also one of the most ardent Psi-Ops fans out there. I have been dying for a sequel ever since it came out and, really, the time is right. It was way ahead of its time but why can't they make it now when it will be for its time?

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Meltac

I never tried Psi-Ops, I got that other game instead. Can't remember the name though, but it was something psychic too.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mordukai

I liked the Planescape: Torment approach to getting powers. 

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda

psi ops was a sleep classic. i loved this game and would love to see a sequel. but its likely not to happen as the game was never a great success int he sales department.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheHT

@Meltac said:

" I never tried Psi-Ops, I got that other game instead. Can't remember the name though, but it was something psychic too. "

Second Sight?

I played Psi-Ops for a while and really liked it. I remember Second Sight came out around the same time and it looked like a less actiony lame-o attempt at jumping the psychics bandwagon.

I thought that of course until I played it. Dude Second Sight is awesome. I went back to Psi-Ops when they released it for free and it was damn clunky.
    Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Synchronatic

Psi-Ops = WIN.

I mean, really. Blowing people's heads up with your mind? Using mind control to force people to get on one knee and shoot themselves in the face? You really can't get much better than that...

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArchScabby

God I hope not.  What I piece of shit.  I mean seriously, if a game company went out into a field, grabbed some cow poop and put it in a box I would have more fun with that then this abomination of a game.

Just kidding, I've never played it.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yukoei
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Dustpan

They already made it.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jasta

I know its all been laid to rest but I had to take this chance to vent my frustration.

Fuck you Midway. Fuck you.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kishan6

ya games like this are forgotten way to often

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mikewrestler5

If it's so awesome, then why don't you go play it?  

To answer your question: No, there will never be a sequel. They would have made a sequel by now if they so desired.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ThePickle

Isn't is similar to Infamous? I never played PsiOps

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By apathylad
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buzz_clik

Psi-Ops was one of those games where I clicked with the multitude of combat options. Stringing different moves together without even having to think about it was very satisfying and highly entertaining. A brilliant title that didn't get as much recognition as it deserved. Sadly, my Xbox is one of the few consoles I've packed away, otherwise I'd give it a crack when I got home.

@HandsomeDevil said:

" Isn't is similar to Infamous? I never played PsiOps "
    Sort-of-no-not-really.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FunExplosions

I played the demo for PS2 and really like it. Was too young at the time to go and buy my own games. Anyway, I don't think I'd like another Psi-Ops. The same developers? A spiritual successor, maybe? Sure, just not a direct sequel. I mean, maybe at least keep the name, but there's no need to bring back this vanilla military character. I feel like it might go the ways of Dead to Rights: Retribution if they try to re-hash the original's splendor. 

@Apathylad:
    Tell me if you found that free download. It looked to me like they took the link down. It has been four months. Four months? Whoah! This thread is six months old. Check that out!

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kyreo

Will we EVER get a sequel?
     Will we EVER get a sequel?
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By Ineedaname

Did this come out around the same time as second sight?
    Because I always like that, and wanted to play Psi-ops.

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Hashbrowns

I maintain that the telekinetic controls in Psi-Ops is still the best of its type.  When suffering through Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, I just kept thinking "Man, Psi-Ops did this so much better".  In many ways, Psi-Ops is one of the best superhero games made to date, and with an original property at that.  The concept and premise were both intriguing, and the execution was solid throughout.  Yeah, with the right marketing push, it might have been a much larger hit.
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By landon
    humantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By humantrip
    @Hashbrowns: I know this is a little necro on this topic, but I totally agree about Force Unleashed - I even blogged about it:
     http://jeeperspeepers.tumblr.com/post/1003569312/games-how-every-game-since-psi-ops-rips-off-psi-ops

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Raymayne
    @HandsomeDevil said: 

Jesus no. 

Psi-Ops was fucking brilliant, but I remember kinda losing my drive to play once it got to that temple bit where you got ghost vision or something like that, still a great game...we will never see a sequel though.   
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By RichardLOlson

I enjoyed this game a lot and hope that they bring back a sequel.  I think they should at least bring back the first one for XBLA.

humantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By humantrip
    @Raymayne said:

" @HandsomeDevil said: 

Jesus no.  Psi-Ops was fucking brilliant, but I remember kinda losing my drive to play once it got to that temple bit where you got ghost vision or something like that, still a great game...we will never see a sequel though.    "
    Or is it?
     http://jeeperspeepers.tumblr.com/post/1169962055/games-how-every-game-since-psi-ops-rips-off-psi-ops

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.