Mouse clicking sound?

#1 Edited by drac96 (673 posts) -

Okay, I've played Psychonauts numerous times before and I never remember this happening. It's driving me nuts and I need to know if anyone else hears it too.

When wandering around the campgrounds I noticed that every so often I heard the mouse click sound. I promptly turned off the mouse click sound in Windows, but I kept hearing the sound in game. After a bit longer I noticed that it only happens when wandering around the main campgrounds. It does not happen in cinematics, when people are talking, or in different areas.

Is there just a part of the music that sounds like a mouse click that I never noticed before? This is making me feel super crazy.

Update: I quickly made this video to show what I'm talking about.

Update 2: I didn't think it was the grasshoppers, but apparently it is. After looking up more videos I noticed it happened in all of them at some point. I definitely don't remember that sound being so loud and annoying.

#2 Posted by believer258 (12017 posts) -

You're going insane.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15029 posts) -
@believer258

You're going insane.

#4 Posted by drac96 (673 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@believer258

You're going insane.

Well it's good to know that I'm actually going crazy.

#5 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Wow that's annoying, doubt its part of the music.

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

It sounds like it's supposed to be some kind of insect in the environment. It doesn't sound like the Windows mouse click sound and seems to change position in the stereo field.

#7 Posted by kindgineer (2773 posts) -

Hrm, well it moves around, so it may be a sound glitch on one of the mobs?

Not sure, but that would annoy the hell out of me.

#8 Posted by Poki3 (527 posts) -

I'll bite potential troll bait.

It's the sound of the grasshopper jumping. You can even see it on your video.

#9 Posted by drac96 (673 posts) -

@Poki3 said:

I'll bite potential troll bait.

It's the sound of the grasshopper jumping. You can even see it on your video.

I'm not trying to be a troll. I thought it could be the grasshopper as well, but it happens everywhere on the campgrounds. There can't be a grasshopper everywhere at once.

#10 Posted by Cloneslayer (1636 posts) -

its clearly thats bugs jumping sound.... only took one watch of the video to realize that....

#11 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

Grasshoppers, broski.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.