Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Psychonauts

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 19, 2005

Developed by Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts is a platforming action-adventure game in which players take on the role of Razputin, a young psychic out to thwart an evil plot to subvert the minds of other powerful psychics.

Psychonauts now on Mac with Steam achievements and cloud saves

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louiedog

A few months ago Patrick wrote an article about how Double Fine had regained the publishing rights to the game. It appears that they've been busy adding achievements and Mac support since then. The game is now a Steamplay title, costs $9.99, and supports the cloud save feature. 

That's all well and good. Now that we know that they've been working on this I really hope it comes to XBLA and PSN the way Beyond Good & Evil did. The $10 price point, achievements, and Double Fine's year of making games for these services certainly makes me hopeful. 

edit: They've also made the meat circus section easier. Additionally, they've released a free iOS app to view the memory vaults from the game.

No matter what happens to the title going forward, one thing is clear. You're running out of excuses to have not played it.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

why the fuck its not a weekend deal is beyond me, seems like the perfect opportunity (and it would sell loads). As it stands...it wont

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By louiedog
    @Rhaknar said:

why the fuck its not a weekend deal is beyond me, seems like the perfect opportunity (and it would sell loads). As it stands...it wont

There are people out there who haven't played the game and will now that they can on their Mac. They don't see $9.99 as too much. After those people have their copies they'll discount it and everyone else will get it then. If they put it on sale straight away they only get $4.99 or whatever the sale price would be from the people who are willing to pay $9.99.
    NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By NickLott

I don't see any patch notes yet. I wonder if they've added native wired 360 controller support. X-padder can be a pain in the ass.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By louiedog
    @NickLott said:

I don't see any patch notes yet. I wonder if they've added native wired 360 controller support. X-padder can be a pain in the ass.

Hopefully. They definitely have made changes. The meat circus section has been made easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.