Wow...it ended...

#1 Posted by imHunt (46 posts) -

When I first picked up Psychonauts I thought, 'Hey, this should be fun while it lasts'. I started playing it and was extremely hooked. It is, honestly, one of the best platform games and has one of the most interesting stories of all the games I have ever played. I collected and did everything that there was to do in the game. Only problem is...I WANT MORE! I need the sequel; my thirst for psychonauts has not been, and may not ever be, quenched. I really hope they come up with a sequel before I die. Please let there be one..

#2 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
imHunt said:
"When I first picked up Psychonauts I thought, 'Hey, this should be fun while it lasts'. I started playing it and was extremely hooked. It is, honestly, one of the best platform games and has one of the most interesting stories of all the games I have ever played. I collected and did everything that there was to do in the game. Only problem is...I WANT MORE! I need the sequel; my thirst for psychonauts has not been, and may not ever be, quenched. I really hope they come up with a sequel before I die. Please let there be one.."
There will be no sequel, I'm pretty sure.
#3 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

Yeah that game tanked sale wise..it was one of those really great games that no one bought when it came out... I doubt doublefine will ever try to make another.

#4 Posted by TheWesman (378 posts) -

I'm curious how it sold in Japan.  If at all.  It seems like the type of game that would take off really well over there too.

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
TheWesman said:
"I'm curious how it sold in Japan.  If at all.  It seems like the type of game that would take off really well over there too."
I don't think it came out in Japan. :(
#6 Posted by Edgar (182 posts) -

I'd suggest buying some other Tim Schafer titles. Pretty much everything he does is fantastic. I'd recommend Grim Fandango, any of the first three Monkey Island titles, and Full Throttle. You'll probably have to buy them off Ebay or Amazon though considering they're all pretty old. But Tim does have a new title, Brutal Legend, that is supposed to be released later this year.

#7 Posted by Roger_Klotz (766 posts) -

This is one of my top favorite game and it is a dissapointment that they probably won't make a sequal to this great game. I am looking forward to Brutal Legend though and too me this game looks awsome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.