Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Punch-Out!!

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 18, 2009

Nintendo brings back Little Mac and a slew of memorable opponents in this Wii remake of the cartoon-boxing classic.

Miyamoto puts his producing gloves on for Punch-Out! Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The Mario man has recently confirmed he'll be in the producer seat for the modern take on Punch-Out! Wii

In a recent interview Nintendo's famed designer Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that he'll be acting as producer for the project, trying to keep the original formula but injecting a new style that Nintendo hope will satisfy fans. The game is said to include more depth in story and presentation, giving dimensions to those popular fighters embarking on their journey into the ring.

I’m working on that game as a producer. I think people who are fans of the original will be very thrilled to see the kind of style we’ve designed the game in. It will feel very classic. But at the same time, with the 3D polygons and the polygonal rendering of the characters, I think is going to make for some very nice cut-scenes and a little bit deeper story. - Miyamoto

I think this is great news considering the actual developer is Canadian based Next Level games, who many including I are slightly dubious of.

Some may query how well he can possibly perform this role given his location in Japan, but I know for a fact Nintendo often play test builds of games from all their development houses using technology they have created specifically. In fact, if you need reassuring, the bulk of Miyamoto's work on Galaxy was done in this remote fashion throughout.

You can all expect to don your boxing gloves sometime in 2009, and now with a little more confidence possibly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.