Punch-Out gets a facelift
- Original characters are animated at a very high quality with matching voicework
- Each fighter has their own remix of the Punch-Out music
- Single player replay value is high
- Challenge mode has a "puzzle game" quality to it
- Title Defense mode makes this the most challenging Punch-Out overall
- Practice mode and autosave removes the trial-and-error of previous Punch-Outs
- Relies heavily on nostalgia to fully appreciate
- No "final boss" like Mike Tyson or Mr. Dream. Donkey Kong is more of a novelty fighter.
- Not enough fighters. Could've included more Super Punch-Out fighers to the roster
- Remote + Nunchuck controls not ideal for the fast response time required
- 2 player splitscreen is basically a counterpunch game
- $50 retail price is kinda high for the content. Remakes are usually priced lower (eg Space Invaders Extreme, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Pacman Championship, etc).