Pure Demo avaliable tomorow on XBLM

#1 Posted by GalvanizedNails (552 posts) -
#2 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2430 posts) -

Should be on PSN also.

#3 Posted by Soap (3575 posts) -

Awesome, I'm totally there.

#4 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

I've been waiting for a while now to get a chance to play it for myself. Highly anticipating it...It will not be lost in Rock Band 2, I won't let it!

#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Cool. I think this game actually looks pretty decent so I hope the I enjoy the demo.

#6 Posted by jlaudio7 (326 posts) -

I just played the demo. It is exactly what I wanted. I'm picking this game up on day one.

#7 Posted by SoyBob (161 posts) -

Played it. Looks nice, but the physics just feel like you're driving on ice the whole time, and pulling off the special tricks is damn near impossible. It doesn't adhere to the old SSX philosophy of "Tricks=boost, Boost=Speed, Speed=tricks" meaning that in Pure you either have to choose between boost or doing better tricks. It's a system that's kinda busted.

#8 Posted by simon1 (129 posts) -

It's a game i've been looking forward to for a while and I wasn't disappointed with the demo.  Really enjoyed it.  Visually looks nice and runs smoothly.  Hopefully the online mode will run as smoothly.  Just pre ordered it for 29.99 British Pounds 

#9 Posted by GalvanizedNails (552 posts) -

just played it as well, and I just don't get why the trick system is there. For all its comparisons to SSX, the tricks don't do much except giving you boost, and it is very hard to pre-load when boosting which makes you airtime decrease significantly, so its a trade off of doing one lap of tricks, then a lap of using the speed from those tricks, repeat several times. Its seems like its worth a rental though.

#10 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Burnout > racing games.

#11 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Nah it doesn't really do it for me... ATX Games don't appeal to me and the videos' looked to be abit fake?? Thats just my opinion though, im' sure alot of people will love it :)

#12 Posted by GalvanizedNails (552 posts) -

playing the demo again, this game is pretty awesome lol, I take back the negative stuff I said, but if the two songs on the demo are any indication, the sound track will be pretty abysmal

#13 Posted by Peacemaker (1103 posts) -

I'm really enjoying the demo.  I'm pleasantly surprised. 

#14 Posted by Packfan104L4 (210 posts) -

Played the dome off of the PSN, and it's just more of the same ATV racing with better graphics.  The game's all about preloading, and the crashes suck.  I PLOWED into another stopped rider, but somehow we bounce off of each other like 2 superballs?  Yea right....  I could care less that the full game has 52 or so tracks, doesn't help if they're boring.

#15 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I loved the demo and I'm definatly going to pick this game up.

#16 Posted by Soap (3575 posts) -

I just tried it, it seems ok, confuses me what to focus more on, racing or tricking. Still... it's a pretty game

#17 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

Feels like Tony Hawk Pro Skater meets off road ATV, I only downloaded it initially cuz I thought the visuals looked amazing, it surprised me though. I expected it to not be my type of game at all, but its actually pretty cool, might rent it when it comes out.

#18 Posted by Kilzombie (407 posts) -

The demo was really fun, but I'm not really into ATV racing, and if it doesn't have splitscreen, I doubt I'd be playing it for very long on my own, and I'm not much of an online player. I'm probably going to give this a miss. Although I did like the demo.

#19 Edited by Drebin_893 (2906 posts) -

I thought that demo was immensely fun.

#20 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Seems like this is the closest we'll be getting to a next gen SSX game.

#21 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Awesome demo, definite buy.

#22 Posted by KinjiroSSD (694 posts) -

I enjoyed it. I'll rent it since I rarely play racing games for any serious length of time

#23 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

I thought the demo was really cool. I will at least rent it.

#24 Posted by Rorschach (316 posts) -

Became a first day buy for me after thinking that i wouldn't even touch it.

#25 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

I can't believe I didn't download this yet... I think I'll do so right now.

My question is: How similar is the game to Motorstorm? I love that game, and if Pure is anything like it, I may end up buying it along with Pacific Rift... ;)
#26 Posted by Kilzombie (407 posts) -
TheJollyRajah said:
"I can't believe I didn't download this yet... I think I'll do so right now.
My question is: How similar is the game to Motorstorm? I love that game, and if Pure is anything like it, I may end up buying it along with Pacific Rift... ;)
"
From the demo, I guess there are similarities, I can't really say as I've never played the first motorstorm. But I heard that Pure doesn't have splitscreen.
#27 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -
TheJollyRajah said:
"I can't believe I didn't download this yet... I think I'll do so right now.
"
It definitely does have that motor storm feel when your surround by 8 other races tearing up a muddy race track.

I found the game to really fun. Pulling off all those crazy  ticks feels awesome.
#28 Posted by YoungBuck (207 posts) -

from the demo alone, this game is a must buy for me. I really enjoyed it. Pulling tricks off to get your meter up, so you can boost and pull more tricks to win the race is fun.

#29 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

I wont a fucking PC demo of this game! Any plans for one?

#30 Posted by 911forpeace (24 posts) -

I love this game. Played the demo about....10 times? To all who say special tricks are hard, I can pull off 10+ of them during one race. It's not that hard. Make sure you boost into the jump, preload, and instantly pull off the special trick. There's a few jumps that are so easy to do it on, it's not even funny. But the best part is that even your special trick can get stale. This game is just so much fun, and it's not hard, unless you can't pull off tricks, which take around a half hour to memorize. But no matter what, you're gonna bail. That's the best part. You can't just play it safe. This game is a lot of fun, and I encourage everyone to download this demo. At least a rent.

#31 Posted by Jothel (918 posts) -

Yeah i really enjoyed the demo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.