The Puyo Pop wiki last edited by Gunstar_Ikari on 02/12/13 08:06PM
View full history
Puyo Pop ("Minna de Puyo Puyo" in Japan) was the first game in the Puyo Puyo series to be released after Compile's closure. Sega, who had previously distributed the arcade versions of each Puyo Puyo game, now had exclusive ownership of the franchise and its Madou Monogatari characters; using their Sonic Team banner, they developed this game.
The game's mechanics strongly resemble those of Puyo Puyo 2, with Hard Puyo and Point Puyo from the same game coming into play at times. The single-player mode, however, is all new: Carbuncle has run off, and Arle gives chase while simultaneously collecting several runes. Each stage consists of a different ruleset and a handful of opponents that are faced sequentially. After clearing the game once, the player begins a sidequest; upon completion, the player unlocks an extra stage that features every opponent in the game.
This game is the last to focus exclusively on the Madou Monogatari cast, as Sega's next Puyo Puyo game ( Puyo Pop Fever) features an almost entirely new set of characters.
- Hamaji Forest: Skeleton T, Incubus, Seriri
- Gold Town: Kikimora, Suketoudara, Harpy, Minotauros, Nohoho
- Gachinko Dungeon: Kikimora, Zoh Daimaoh, Harpy, Rulue, Draco Centauros
- Magical Tower: Kikimora, Incubus, Suketoudara, Schezo Wegey, Witch
- Dark Prince Castle: Lagnus the Brave, Zoh Daimaoh, Minotauros, Skeleton T, Schezo Wegey, Rulue, Dark Prince