Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 06, 2014

The two legendary puzzle series unite in this crossover title.

Adventure Mode Translation Videos

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

Oh man, this is awesome. An incredibly rad Giant Bomb fan has taken it upon themselves to translate and subtitle the adventure mode of Puyo Puyo Tetris. Right now they have the prologue and chapter 1 uploaded, and it's great. The story is exactly as dumb as I thought it would be, and I was SHOCKED to learn that Dr. Dog is actually an engineer!

I'm not the person who created this video, but I noticed they hadn't posted it here and I think they're BONKERS for not doing so. It's so well done. Hey cfilsooth, if you're reading this I really hope you continue the series! It's awesome!

Considering this will probably only release once every couple weeks, it's kind of like a sitcom. So, this is now also the Puyo Puyo Tetris storyline discussion thread. Do you think everyone can understand O? Or just T?

Chuugoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, I know that guy!

Loading Video...

Here's chapter 2. Enjoy!

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuugoku: Thanks for doing these! I've been intending to use adventure mode to brush up on my derelict entry-level Japanese vocabulary, this will be a handy reference.

Avatar image for trustypelletgun
    TrustyPelletGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TrustyPelletGun

@chuugoku: Thank you for making these videos! I am completely unversed in Japanese but I imported the game anyway and I'm really enjoying it. I've been very curious about what was going on in adventure mode and now, thanks to you, I see that it as exactly as much of a crazy Japanese story as I expected ;-)

Also, if anyone out there is on the fence about getting this game, these two pages have been my guide for navigating the game so far: Guide: How to get and play Puyo Puyo Tetris for Xbox One and Puyo Puyo Tetris Adventure Mode Translation Guide

Chuugoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the next one!

Loading Video...

Confession time: I really liked the older Puyo Puyo games, but I haven't actually played any of the Sega Puyo Puyos (from 2001 on, starting with the GBA one). So, I had to do a little research on a very convenient wiki, and I have determined that this series is really complicated.

See, Arle's crew is from the originalgamesCompilemade (and were also in a bunch of their non-Puyo games), and they sorta took a backseat to Amitie and the Primp Town crew when Sega took over. Then, to make things MORE complicated, they were both upstaged by Ringo and the Suzuran guys for Puyo Puyo 7. Now we've got the Tetris dudes, who may or may not ever show up again.

Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary and Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary were essentially big crossover games, with the second being Ringo's second appearance. This is her third, and is basically another big crossover game.

ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are so awesome. Thank you SO much for doing these man. They're fantastic! I'm really looking forward to digging back into the adventure mode after my college quarter is up. Going to be watching along with these videos while I do it!

Chuugoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chuugoku

Number four!

Loading Video...

EDIT: Joined by number five!

Loading Video...

EDIT 2: Latest but not last, number six!

Loading Video...

EDIT 3: Duder, it's over!

Loading Video...
    Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a few months late, but it's incredibly dope that you finished the whole game, @chuugoku ! Thanks so much!

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I JUST got this game, this is awesome, thanks chuugoku!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.