Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Puzzle Agent 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 30, 2011

Nelson Tethers returns to action in the second puzzle-centric adventure game from Telltale.

Last secret achievement in Steam

maluku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maluku

For anyone wondering (cause I was searching the whole web about this), to get the last hidden achievement you have to do this:

Beat the game, find all side puzzles and win every puzzle on the first try without any hints. (Rank: Puzzle Agent Achievement). You should get a message and a new puzzle. That puzzle is HARD, you can beat it in 18 steps, but it took me a whiteboard to figure that one out.

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By eternalshades

Where you able to do this after completing the game?

I've got 33 puzzle solved (including the last two robot ones), with 4 of them not having a perfect score. I tried re-solving them from the case files, but it remembers your previous attempts and hints used... seems like a waste of time to start over from scratch just to get the final achievement.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nukesniper

@eternalshades said:

Where you able to do this after completing the game?

I've got 33 puzzle solved (including the last two robot ones), with 4 of them not having a perfect score. I tried re-solving them from the case files, but it remembers your previous attempts and hints used... seems like a waste of time to start over from scratch just to get the final achievement.

I'm late to the party here, but it seems that you have to do it all in one run. I had a perfect run until I misunderstood a puzzle near the end (one where the mechanics are vague, but it animates once you hit submit) and now I'm a Puzzle Agent, but I'm not perfect.

Seems I have to play the whole game again, perfecting every puzzle along the way, in order to get these last 2 achievements.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@nukesniper: That is indeed the case. It wants you to play the whole game from the start again.

It's disappointing that Puzzle Agent 2 didn't fix the issue where some of the puzzle instructions really aren't explained very clearly. I would expect them to at least improve the clarity of the instructions; I've all but given up on them hiring someone to make puzzles that are actually interesting, instead of "cut all the bars on the door" or "connect some ropes to equally distribute something" over and over. Or the puzzle that arbitrarily expects the player to know the value of pi, or to know where an integral sign should go in a calculus equation; I happened to know those things, but those puzzles were pretty unreasonable in a game that is otherwise more about logic puzzles and basic arithmetic than knowing specific mathematical notation.

Out of curiosity, which puzzle did you misunderstand? Was it the one where you're trying to throw a rock at a government agent, and the moon rays will move the rock, and you have to place trees in the right spots? I thought that puzzle was so vaguely explained that it almost forces you to just waste a guess to even understand how the puzzle operates. And then I said "Nuts to that, I haven't messed up a puzzle prior to this one", so I looked up the solution online.

I want to like that series so much, because it goes for "amusing madness", compared to Layton's "heartwarming English gentleman". Both are good in their own way, and I like the change of pace. The problem with Puzzle Agent is that the puzzles still aren't very inventive or interesting, nor are they always adequately laid out to you.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nukesniper

@BisonHero said:

@nukesniper:

Out of curiosity, which puzzle did you misunderstand? Was it the one where you're trying to throw a rock at a government agent, and the moon rays will move the rock, and you have to place trees in the right spots? I thought that puzzle was so vaguely explained that it almost forces you to just waste a guess to even understand how the puzzle operates. And then I said "Nuts to that, I haven't messed up a puzzle prior to this one", so I looked up the solution online.

Yes it was! My first attempt the rock flew out of the woods. I had devised another solution that worked, but it assumed that the edges of the screen would contain the rock, causing my rock to fly out of the screen on the first "throw."

I agree about the puzzles too. There are only 31 in the game. Three puzzles are sliding puzzles, and two of those require blocking windows. Three or four are "put the pictures in order" puzzles. Two cut the locks on the door puzzles, which i know return from the first game. And two or three connection and distribution puzzles like you mentioned.

The layout of the game is a similar, winning formula. The story is dumb and awesome and delivered well (aside from the fact that you can't skip the drawn out animations if you accidentally click on the wrong thing). I like these games, but not in any way like I like the Layton games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.