Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Puzzle Agent 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 30, 2011

Nelson Tethers returns to action in the second puzzle-centric adventure game from Telltale.

Pretty Good Price on steam sale, Worth buying for story?

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ItBeStefYo

I heard good things about this on the bombcast and at the price of £2.55 for both games its pretty enticing.

But I really don't like puzzles, so should I just do it for the story?

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Maystack

The puzzles are the third thing I come for in Puzzle Agent, behind humour and story. If you hate puzzles that much, you can just keep guessing until you get the right answer and not pay attention to your rating. For £2.50, I'd say definitely go for it.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gike987

The puzzles are bad and poorly explained anyway, the story is the only thing that makes the game worth playing. I only failed one puzzle one time and that was because they expected me to know the value of some US coins (write the value next time you do a coin puzzle Telltale, not everyone playing your game is from the US).

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeF

I bought it because I got an extreme Twin Peaks vibe from it. The first few puzzles were a bit weird....

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jimbo

Puzzle Agent is not very good.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Jimbo: Oh I'd fight you about that sir. I'd lose, cry, and then out of pity you would say puzzle agent is ok just to make me stop crying, because it's pathetic seeing a man cry. Or maybe you'd just laugh at me.

Either way Puzzle Agent is a humorous little 2 hour puzzle dispensary thing (if you breeze through the main quest puzzles) with a unique vibe, and well worth a couple bucks, but if its only story you're after I'd say go ahead and watch the puzzle agent 2 quick look, if you're not a spoilerphobe that is (although the quick look doesn't spoil most of the weird moments that happen in the first game, at least if you stop around the time they talk to the Inn lady) and see if it's the kind of thing you're interested in.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jimbo

@pyromagnestir said:

@Jimbo: Oh I'd fight you about that sir. I'd lose, cry, and then out of pity you would say puzzle agent is ok just to make me stop crying, because it's pathetic seeing a man cry. Or maybe you'd just laugh at me.

Either way Puzzle Agent is a humorous little 2 hour puzzle dispensary thing (if you breeze through the main quest puzzles) with a unique vibe, and well worth a couple bucks, but if its only story you're after I'd say go ahead and watch the puzzle agent 2 quick look, if you're not a spoilerphobe that is (although the quick look doesn't spoil most of the weird moments that happen in the first game, at least if you stop around the time they talk to the Inn lady) and see if it's the kind of thing you're interested in.

Puzzle Agent is ok. There there.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zagzagovich

Puzzle Agent is good for the story. Puzzles are repetitive, confusing and almost optional at times but the athmosphere is fun, characters are quirky and I enjoyed playing it straight through. From one to another.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#9  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Jimbo: "You're just saying that, you don't really mean it." Sniffles. Blows nose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.